Whadda ..............

skidude

Oh, that this were true.  We've got a guy who drinks and gets stoned before races and no one has done a thing about it.  He is the best skier on the team, too, a real "role model".  But last I heard he was giving younger kids beers the night before a race.  One of those kids tore an ACL the next day.

how old is this "guy"? :o

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who follows Bode and tries his crap before a race is stupid and hopefully they will figure that out... Anybody who does what he does before a race and wins is freaking amazing and something to talk about... albeit negative..

I got Deja-vu - Tanner and his attitude thingy. Dude is probably right - it's all about the publicity.

I don't necessarily think being successful means you have to be a role model. I think, you do what you want to do, and what you have to do, and that is that. If you have an interest in helping kids, then help kids. If you have an interest in bringing drunk, hot chicks back to your bus, then that's all well and good too.

If this guy can party it up the night before a race, and still kick ass, good for him, who is anyone to tell him that's wrong. Who knows, maybe gettin laid while piss ass drunk before a race somehow puts his body in better shape, and who can say otherwise while he's winning. I'm kind of intrigued by his attitude, and want to see what happens. I like that he doesn't want to be governed, and wants to do his thing.

Who knows... all I know is one way or another he gets down faster than everyone else.

(keep in mind I am a young single guy with no kids... the role model thing may change :) )

I don't necessarily think being successful means you have to be a role model. I think, you do what you want to do, and what you have to do, and that is that. If you have an interest in helping kids, then help kids. If you have an interest in bringing drunk, hot chicks back to your bus, then that's all well and good too.

If this guy can party it up the night before a race, and still kick ass, good for him, who is anyone to tell him that's wrong. Who knows, maybe gettin laid while piss ass drunk before a race somehow puts his body in better shape, and who can say otherwise while he's winning. I'm kind of intrigued by his attitude, and want to see what happens. I like that he doesn't want to be governed, and wants to do his thing.

Who knows... all I know is one way or another he gets down faster than everyone else.

(keep in mind I am a young single guy with no kids... the role model thing may change :) )

agreed...he's a professional athlete not a presidential candidate. And even if he's known for his love of sluts and booze he's still more respectable than 90% of NFL, NBA and MLB athletes.

Edited by poconoceancity

I don't necessarily think being successful means you have to be a role model.

I think, you do what you want to do, and what you have to do, and that is that.If this guy can party it up the night before a race, and still kick ass, good for him, who is anyone to tell him that's wrong. Who knows, maybe gettin laid while piss ass drunk before a race somehow puts his body in better shape, and who can say otherwise while he's winning. I'm kind of intrigued by his attitude, and want to see what happens. I like that he doesn't want to be governed, and wants to do his thing.

Setting an example is different than being a role model. Kids should look to their parents for role models...at least in a perfect world. But I disagree with you 100% about professional athletes and how they act. I would want my kid's sports hero to act with class and dignity and show a great work ethic. I'm not interested in legislating Bode not to drink before races...but we're in a society where kids emulate what their sports heros do.

Some professional athletes take great pride in using their position to be a great example for kids...Jeter, Michael Jordan, Gretsky....

Then there are guys who couldn't give a crap...like Iverson.

And do you want your kid to root for a player that beats his wife, drives 100mph with a gun and an ounce of pot in the car, and tells his coach he isn't coming to practice because "it's ONLY practice"?

And do you want your kid to root for a player that beats his wife, drives 100mph with a gun and an ounce of pot in the car, and tells his coach he isn't coming to practice because "it's ONLY practice"?

It's amazing that these guys continue to get away with this kind of behavior...but what's more amazing is that kids still look up to them.

I mentioned The Answer as an example and sure don't equate Bode's actions with Iverson's...but inviting cameras to follow you around getting drunk before races is offensive to me. Pulling cell phones out of goal posts after a TD?

I had a kid in an Under 12 soccer game score a goal and then pretend he was an airplane and flew around in celebration. Our team was losing 4-0 with a few minutes left in the game when he scored. I quietly told his dad to explain to the boy later that night what an *sshole he was being.

Maybe I'm just too old school.

Bode wants to start a new circut because he knows that he's gonna top out eventually...look at Picabo. At Salt Lake in 2002, only 8 yrs after her glory days, every one was begging her to retire. Now you rarely even see her anywhere (except celebrity poker once in a while).

There is no money in ski racing. There is little public interest, little TV coverage, and little funding. I guess Bode is pushing his own thing in order to revamp the racing part of skiing, (as opposed to freestyle.) But whoever said it is so right, no one wants to see him race himself, or prance around the slopes like a Harlem Trotter or whatever.

What he really should do, if he was smart, would be to win the Olympics, get all these promos, and then retire before he starts to suck. He could coach for big bucks for the rest of his life almost anywhere he wanted, regardless of the fact that his technique sucks. And he wouldn't need his high school diploma, which he never received from CVA.

And if Bode does launch his solo career, he does have one thing going for him...he's super hot!!...and he can ski good sometimes.

ehh hes not that hot but w/e...

personally i think hes overrated, dont get me wrong hes an amazing skier but he lacks any real technique and the ability to actually finish races, espically in sl. as for the drinking and all that, you cant expect them all to not do it just because they are "professional athletes" but the fact that he went and did it on camera was stupid and hes setting a bad example by publicizing it like that.

new to the forum...since I'm done skiing all i can do is talk about it. my take on bode is that he didn't really relate to the media during the cup, and that's low key. there was NO mainstream coverage & half the skiers i talked to weren't really folowing close. I think he's just planning on what to do when verybody and there mother wants to be his best friend during the olympics, and he want to tell them to all *&^ off. its just bode being bode, unothodox from his skiing style to his bus rides! no snow and the trails are too muddy to ride :banghead

would love to - i just got an email from mt snow about reggae weekend - could act like a real "bode" - ski and party! but it's not in the cards. Been lurkin since i came across this site a few weeks ago, what caught my interest was the nastar - had a blast up at sugarbush racing last month and would like to check it out here next season.

would love to - i just got an email from mt snow about reggae weekend  - could act like a real "bode" - ski and party! but it's not in the cards. Been lurkin since i came across this site a few weeks ago, what caught my interest was the nastar - had a blast up at sugarbush racing last month and would like to check it out here next season.

You could possibly see it at Blue Mountain next year <_<

would love to - i just got an email from mt snow about reggae weekend  - could act like a real "bode" - ski and party! but it's not in the cards. Been lurkin since i came across this site a few weeks ago, what caught my interest was the nastar - had a blast up at sugarbush racing last month and would like to check it out here next season.

Hello mbike, on your Nastar profile add PASR to your club team.