7springs Superpipe is open!

Jer

Today was the first day of the superpipe and it was amazing! over 500' in length this year and cut oh so perfect. The big jump line is shaping up to be amazing as well. The bottom jump is a very close resemblance to the 2008 level 1 jump at windells, just a bit shorter in length. should be sick! come out and get some!

pipeopeningday.jpg

• Like 2

the official measurement is in and the pipe is a whopping 601' this year! over 100' longer than our pipe last year. shooting for that number one in the east yet again.

come out and shred!

Jeremy

if i give you my friend's numbers, would you call them and continually harass them? i cant get those chodes to make the trip out there.

dont get the "lol" ??

Just based off of many "large jumps" ive seen built in PA, that is a serious claim. I really hope the landing is built right, if its like most other large PA jumps expect to haul away kids in a stretcher frequently.

But hey if it works out, thats awesome. I'm just tainted by living out west

spot opened today and the three jump line is SICK!

so the reason as to why i compared the jump to the level one jump is that we hired the former head builder from windells and timberline who built the level 1 jump to maintain our jumps this year and he said he wanted to build our bottom jump similar to that one. he went for it and it worked out great.

jumps are as follows,

1 is a 30 ft step down. pretty mellow with a very wide take off

2 is a 55 ft step down about 8 ft tall take off. very nice and long landing

3 is a 65 ft step over with a VERY long landing. nearly 200' long. 15' ish tall cheeze wedge. can easily be sent to 85' without overshooting the sweetspot.

the signal team was here today and they were stoked on the jumps. too bad we had 50 mph uphill winds all day.

so the reason as to why i compared the jump to the level one jump is that we hired the former head builder from windells and timberline who built the level 1 jump to maintain our jumps this year and he said he wanted to build our bottom jump similar to that one. he went for it and it worked out great.

jumps are as follows,

3 is a 65 ft step over with a VERY long landing. nearly 200' long. 15' ish tall cheeze wedge. can easily be sent to 85' without overshooting the sweetspot.

the signal team was here today and they were stoked on the jumps. too bad we had 50 mph uphill winds all day.

this sounds sooooo sick. i really hope the slopestyle in march has jumps like this. sounds epic wish i could get out there sooner.

slopestyle course will be similar with a little extra creativity thrown in the mix at the top and bottom. we may have to slightly change the jumps for various events such as the burton am tour and the oakley homecoming events. but for the most part, the jumps are staying the same.

jumps are as follows,

i hear you on the winds. was all excited to hit the jumps but those hopes were kinda blown away

it was so windy i didnt even hit it yesterday. Literally 50 mph winds blowing straight uphill at the jump, no thanks haha. saw very few hit it and a couple people get broken off on it. I'll report back next time im up there, but it sure looks nice and the few people i saw hit it didnt seem to have any trouble

why do you guys leave 30 ft of deck on the lip?

After testing the jumps on wed, we decided to lengthen the bottom two a little and that is how it ended up. its not anywhere near 30' of flat top more like 10. i think the background of the pipe makes it look a lot longer than it is.