paskiandride stickers

krs1pitt

I could look into this. I use an automated exacto machine at work. Also we are a diecutting and folding shop, so I could do it the old way with a press and die if it wasn't too complicated of a shape. Just not sure where they get the paper and the process on those three layer type of die cuts. I'll search out some info if you'd like.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could look into this. I use an automated exacto machine at work. Also we are a diecutting and folding shop, so I could do it the old way with a press and die if it wasn't too complicated of a shape. Just not sure where they get the paper and the process on those three layer type of die cuts. I'll search out some info if you'd like.

Please do. Thanks.

Looks fairly easy actually. Guess it's just the vinyl sticker sheets with an adhesive sheet overtop that you apply once it's cut and waste is peeled. I'd be willing to do a hack job on some custom die cuts pro bono, not saying I'll get to it tomorrow but I certainly have the tools to make an experiment out of this. We don't print at all so just to be clear I'm talking solid color die cuts.

Looks fairly easy actually. Guess it's just the vinyl sticker sheets with an adhesive sheet overtop that you apply once it's cut and waste is peeled. I'd be willing to do a hack job on some custom die cuts pro bono, not saying I'll get to it tomorrow but I certainly have the tools to make an experiment out of this. We don't print at all so just to be clear I'm talking solid color die cuts.

Sounds about right. I had mine cut on white vinyl. Do you need a vector based image?

Scratch that......we actually do have a printing machine here and could probably print up bumper stickers like above as well. I'd just need a file with text to make plates for printing. I could get my hands on some bumper sticker paper and we could use colors we have here, unless you're stuck on the gray and red. I could probably eat the cost as long as it's not too many of em.

Sounds about right. I had mine cut on white vinyl. Do you need a vector based image?

Yeah, AI. PDF. DXF. EPS. whatever, we get all kinds of files from printers. I'm sure we could convert and use whatever you send.

Scratch that......we actually do have a printing machine here and could probably print up bumper stickers like above as well. I'd just need a file with text to make plates for printing. I could get my hands on some bumper sticker paper and we could use colors we have here, unless you're stuck on the gray and red. I could probably eat the cost as long as it's not too many of em.

Yeah, AI. PDF. DXF. EPS. whatever, we get all kinds of files from printers. I'm sure we could convert and use whatever you send.

I'll send you the AI I used when I had them cut first time around.

my fairing needs a nice diecut. you work at bear, right? i owe ya a beer if you get these made up.

Yeah park crew weekends and monday nights. Beers are always appreciated. What do ya ride, I'm currently beating the crap out of an 05 ninja 250.

I'm thinking of just a pack of multi colored sheets of sticker vinyl so there are a couple options for the die cut. About how big were they made last time?

Yeah park crew weekends and monday nights. Beers are always appreciated. What do ya ride, I'm currently beating the crap out of an 05 ninja 250.

I'm thinking of just a pack of multi colored sheets of sticker vinyl so there are a couple options for the die cut. About how big were they made last time?

17835_524131240024_39300404_31156705_6437350_n.jpg

Our machine is not a dedicated vinyl cutting machine, that looks pretty tight. I could give it a shot though, or maybe I could space out the letters a hair in the file. A simple PASR design would be much easier but I guess that file would have to be created and doesn't really have the same advertising punch that the full name does.

Multi colored pack of sheets, or do ya think we you guys can settle on a couple colors. I don't want to get a multi pack if a bunch of the colors like orange aren't gonna be desirable.

Our machine is not a dedicated vinyl cutting machine, that looks pretty tight. I could give it a shot though, or maybe I could space out the letters a hair in the file. A simple PASR design would be much easier but I guess that file would have to be created and doesn't really have the same advertising punch that the full name does.

Multi colored pack of sheets, or do ya think we you guys can settle on a couple colors. I don't want to get a multi pack if a bunch of the colors like orange aren't gonna be desirable.

the AI file is at home on my laptop...ill get it to you this afternoon.

Not bad for a random font on an initial test, ha didn't even cut through the backer. Might be able to play with the depth or choose another font to get crispier edges. Only did a couple letters cause I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Got a ton of fonts standard in our design program, the bolder the better as far as our machine goes. It just drags the blade rather than spinning it automatically around every corner, as in the machine doesn't rotate the blade, the blade more follows the path the machine is dragging it on.

anywho here's a pic.

1292605941-916029-600x803-1292605870pasrphoto.JPG

sticking with just all white or all black will be fine.

That's just some realy thin vinyl that we've had laying in my area for a decade or so. We don't really deal with this substrate at all so I'd have to order something. I'm sure I could do a couple renegade ones out of this material for starters as I've got a good amount of it. I just cut it out and threw masking tape on top but it seemed to work pretty well. I'd like to try a slightly thicker font to make the cutting and peeling easier, I don't know though anybody got a font preference or preferred look? This one is about an inch tall and maybe 8 inches long or so.

Yeah looks like nick is right with the verdana bold, did it in our program and it looks identical.

Here are some others that were easy on the cutter. Top is pretty close to the verdana actually, I think it was ariel, bottom is bauhaus and looks kinda like phillies text.

Both of these only took about 20 minutes total. The larger is about 9", smaller is about 7".

1292614395-916045-600x803-1292614041pasrtest2.JPG