debating a trip to blue sat morn.

krs1pitt

so i went to blue exclusively last year but have been on a jfbb kick this season, with the snow i was hoping to make it up as early as possible but i had some questions just because it's been a year. what time does the lodge open? how early can i get tickets and get myself in line for the expected freshies, i assume lifts open at 8? do they have the electronic machines at the base like they do at the summit? for some reason my gps always takes me to the summit lodge. and finally, is it worth it to get more then a morning pass, from what i've read it sounds like madness by 10 but if i can get in a solid 4 hours i would be happy. also, do you guys normally meet up somewhere? i probably can't stick with you guys through the bumps but it'd be nice to meet some of the guys i read posts from everyday.

When you get to the Summit lodge, just turn your GPS off and keep driving. That's what I do anyway.

I'll probably stick around a little later if conditions are good on Saturday. Probably until around noon. No worries on the bumps, I avoid them like the plague.

watch out for the lockers...

ha ha h haaahha... and yes .. I am amused.

The roads will be cleared.

We have a snow removal plan in this part of PA.

Our ski tourism industry depends on clear roads.

Last night they salted and cindered all night and this morning you would have never

knew we had hours of snowfall last night here.

You guys remember the 1996 snowstorm? 30 inches of powder and the governor declared a state

of emergency and said you can't leave where ever you are. If you do you get a $100 fine and

the cops will return you right back to where you came from if they catch you on the road.

I was at Big Boulder just rolling down the black diamonds in hero snow.

Me and 5 other mad men rode until lift closing time and then I left...drove

to the Tudor Inn motel a few blocks away while all the employees were stranded there and not leaving. I was not allowed to leave the Tudor Inn for two nights.

hmmm, 14 years ago...GSS would have been what ..16? ..... some of you were in diapers or not born yet.

ha ha h haaahha... and yes .. I am amused.

The roads will be cleared.

We have a snow removal plan in this part of PA.

Our ski tourism industry depends on clear roads.

Last night they salted and cindered all night and this morning you would have never

knew we had hours of snowfall last night here.

You guys remember the 1996 snowstorm? 30 inches of powder and the governor declared a state

of emergency and said you can't leave where ever you are. If you do you get a $100 fine and

the cops will return you right back to where you came from if they catch you on the road.

I was at Big Boulder just rolling down the black diamonds in hero snow.

Me and 5 other mad men rode until lift closing time and then I left...drove

to the Tudor Inn motel a few blocks away while all the employees were stranded there and not leaving. I was not allowed to leave the Tudor Inn for two nights.

hmmm, 14 years ago...GSS would have been what ..16? ..... some of you were in diapers or not born yet.

Small world Robert...I was at Boulder that day taking a PSIA snowboard course...

• Like 1

Lifts open at 8AM and unfortunately the tickets don't go for sale until 8AM some days..other days at 745AM it just depends..I think there are electronic Kiosks..realize that Blue is not the best place for freshies as they groom pretty much everything..the best chance for untracked is to ski during a snowstorm which could be the case on Saturday morning. I think the lodge opens around 7AM..The early morning Blue crue is usually waiting to be scanned in at 750AM at the lower lodge..and for the first hour or so..we go at a hyper fast pace of 8 runs per hour..on PASR days..there is usually a meetup at the top of the 6-pack around 8AM...The morning pass is good until 1230PM..this is the first year they are actually checking passes..by then most people get their fill..and it can be madness by 10AM on a weekend but if there is a snowstorm it will be way less crowded as people take much longer to arrive or don't go due to poor road conditions.

I'd be happy to ski with you but early in the morning..I don't like to wait for slower skiers..I make the exception for NazarethSkier Jay.. :nana

CB will leave the front 4 and maybe some more ungroomed if a snowstorm is coming ^_^ At least 2 of the front 4 have been ungroomed almost all season and just conditioned w/ man made when temperatures permitted.

so i went to blue exclusively last year but have been on a jfbb kick this season, with the snow i was hoping to make it up as early as possible but i had some questions just because it's been a year. what time does the lodge open? how early can i get tickets and get myself in line for the expected freshies, i assume lifts open at 8? do they have the electronic machines at the base like they do at the summit? for some reason my gps always takes me to the summit lodge. and finally, is it worth it to get more then a morning pass, from what i've read it sounds like madness by 10 but if i can get in a solid 4 hours i would be happy. also, do you guys normally meet up somewhere? i probably can't stick with you guys through the bumps but it'd be nice to meet some of the guys i read posts from everyday.

But anyways on topic, of course go we're getting a decent snowfall which is becoming a rare thing in the Poconos it seems the past few years. Honestly though if your looking for powder Saturday I think you might be better off going to JFBB than anywhere because of their open boundaries. They can't groom in the trees & there will sure be plenty of untracked first thing in the morning.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

a foot of snow there will be miserable because of how flat is it

I was kidding.

Hey Chip this is the Blue thread...Blue is hardly steep enough for a foot of fresh Poe....at BC and Spring you would probably get stuck!!!!

So I heard you might be at Blue Saturday...

Nah, no go on Saturday...potential that i will have to work. But on Sunday I'll deff. be there.

Which is why Bob OK'd a club trip for Saturday night. No point in fighting the crowds on and buying a morning ticket when we'll only make it 3 hours tops. I was thinking that Super Bowl parties would keep some of the daytrippers off of the slopes but Bob thinks not.

Edited by sexkitten

I'm pretty sure none of us were in diapers in 1996 dumbass. I'm oen of the youngest on this board too. There aren't many 14 year olds on here, at least in body