JF 2-11-2010 TR

JFskiDan

got to the mountain just after opening bell. found PC and Serch right away at the bottom of east mountain. PC reported the elevator was scratched off at the top but lots of powder scattered from 2/3rds down, challenge glade was deep, and trails were groomed. i showed PC and Serch a nice little area that was deep in powder that i found yesterday. we're working on a name for it, Roberts Run might stick, we'll see. we split runs between east mt and challange glade for a while before we found Schiff in front of us on the lift. we skied the balance of the day together, and actually skied the whole mountain in search of the untracked powder stashes. we found quite a few areas with real nice fresh powder covering up some exceptional rocks.

skied until about 2:30, PC and Serch were going to take another run or two before leaving, and Schiff was making a move towards Boulder to get first tracks.

just a few pics, unfortunatly schiff showed up after picture time was over.

skiers left on challange was left ungroomed below the bumps

post-1753-126593394235_thumb.jpg

PC in Roberts Run

post-1753-126593401773_thumb.jpg

Serch found this little deep spot all on his own

post-1753-126593408322_thumb.jpg

another great day at frost.

Great Day at Frost, I had a great time riding with you guys, thanks for the local insights into the place. Dan and phillycore summed it up pretty well, it was a phenomenal day. The snow was soft and deep, probably averaging knee deep when you went looking for it, and I was definitely up to my waist at one point until I hit a rock underneath and had to dig out.

After SERCH and Phillycore and Dan left I went over to Boulder right for opening. I snagged 3rd chair only because I ran to the bathroom before the lift. They left boulder park ungroomed which I thought was weird but it was nice. The bottom around the plaza was kind of cool. About calf deep fresh windblown, the surface looked like whitecaps on water, but was some nice float. Run of the day there was the Marquee route under the 3 lifts right next to each other. It was rocky up top so thanks to the advice of you guys I ducked in from LOVE park by the big gas tank. Great run in there, soft and deep and all around good time. After I ran that twice people started getting the idea and all sorts of goobers were in there so I moved on. I ran over to check out Snowdrift like you guys suggested. Skiers left of the park features was nice but didn't compare to the great stuff we found earlier on. I traversed the mountain a few times and left right at 5.