Hunter 3/28

RootDKJ

Date(s) Skied: 3/29/2010

Resort or Ski Area: Hunter

Conditions: Firm, very edgable, very fast

Trip Report: So today didn't start out exactly as planned when I over slept by over an hour. Got up to Hunter just around 9:45, got booted up and headed over for my free ticket. After a quick bathroom stop, I ran into Justo and Rose by the ticket window. As we were getting in line, we saw AndyZee and Kingslug. Hunter was awesome today. We didn't really know where we were going, or how we got there but we really didn't care either. The terrain was just so much fun. There were times where we all were having "oh shit" moments on the speeds we were getting on one section. A few runs later Kingslug was back with us and took us down what would become the run of the day for me, but I have no idea what it's called. A run or two later, Ride Deleware and OutCold spotted me in the lift line and we had a nice crew going.

For our first trip to Hunter, we were impressed. You can't really compare Hunter to Windham. All things considered, I'd rather go back to Hunter. We headed out a little before two and went over to the Bavarian Manor for food and beer. Both were outstanding. Today is my last planned day of the season. I've very content with that as I've had both quality and quantity this season. I can't wait to sleep in next Saturday.

Driving up

IMG_0234.JPG

Rose and Justo

IMG_0239.JPG

Bumps

IMG_0240.JPG

Ride up the Quad

IMG_0242.JPG

IMG_0243.JPG

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

IMG_0247.JPG

IMG_0249.JPG

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0259.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0264.JPG

IMG_0269.JPG

nice stalker pic haha. definitely didnt know you took that. thanks again for hangin out and showing us the bavarian manor, i'm still stuffed from all that food. for all you people who didn't go to hunter today, unless you were riding park at boulder or camelback, the skiing was definitely better at hunter than anything else that's open in PA. it was honestly mid winter conditions. there was even nice snow in the trees.

Yeah, was pretty sweet times... Waking up at 5:15 and driving at 5:30 sucked, but the terrain was definitely worth it... Nice meeting Justo/Rose, KingSlug, and seeing Root again... I'm hoping to make it up to ride with the crew a little more next year... Kinda tough living in Delaware... Mostly packed powder and hard pack up top with plenty of granular and sweet & low at the bottom... 30 degrees when we got there and about 40 when we left... Flurries were nice... Minimal crowds with maybe a 5 minute lift line at the quad at the most... Mostly only a 2-3 minute wait... Definitely worth the drive up... Hopefully not the last day of the season... I'm hoping to get up North again for a day or 2 the second/third week in April... If not, 19 days on the snow...

looks good - how long will they be open? those bumps look nice if they were soft..

I think they area planning on the 11th for closing day, but if memory serves they don't mind hikers, and there's plenty of snow up there.

It was a great last day for the season. Solid mid winter conditions. It was nice finally meeting some people from PASR. As I told Root and Justo, I'm probably gonna get a pass to Blue next year. I look forward to skiing with the Blue Crew next year.