Blow Bear, Blow!

HouseMuzik

Yo, Justo, get your pro-Blue Mountain propaganda jibber jabber out of here. Better yet, just get out of here.

when did i mention anything about blue? i think i rode bear at least once a week last year, and i plan on doing the same this year, so i'm just as stoked as you guys for them to open. that said, opening before friday is realistically not going to make them money because the majority of their traffic will be pass holders until this weekend.

when did i mention anything about blue? i think i rode bear at least once a week last year, and i plan on doing the same this year, so i'm just as stoked as you guys for them to open. that said, opening before friday is realistically not going to make them money because the majority of their traffic will be pass holders until this weekend.

Not true at all. They open before anybody else and people will come -- bear is easily one of the fastest growing resorts here in the eastern part of the state. Plus concessions and people on the property period generates money. Big Boulder definitely made money opening early. All those toys and cans of food is a tax writeoff for them.. so its a net plus.

Not true at all. They open before anybody else and people will come -- bear is easily one of the fastest growing resorts here in the eastern part of the state. Plus concessions and people on the property period generates money. Big Boulder definitely made money opening early. All those toys and cans of food is a tax writeoff for them.. so its a net plus.

i'm well aware that bear is one of the fastest growing resorts in the eastern part of the state, but how much of that growth is from winter business? i don't know the exact financials or anything, but i'm pretty sure most of their growth lately has been through the hotel being booked for weddings and conferences. it's a good business model because it gives them income year round, allowing them to put more into the ski area during the winter, but i don't know if they're really be that busy if they opened midweek aside from pass holders. boulder probably made a little bit of money by opening early, but that's because there literally was no one else open. boulder's already open at this point. nobody's going to be driving south to go to bear over boulder unless they've got a pass to bear. the way bear will steal people from boulder is if they're coming from the philly area or south, and if they want to ride during the day, since boulder doesn't open til 3 on weekdays. how many daytime daily tickets are they really going to sell?

yes people will come but they would probably benifit more by getting a solid base down by blowing when people arnt there then sell 100 midweek lift tickets. if they waited they could even do a day build on thursday which would help a lot for opening with a mid season grade park. either way it is better for them to open friday even if we want them to open wednesday.

• Like 1

yes people will come but they would probably benifit more by getting a solid base down by blowing when people arnt there then sell 100 midweek lift tickets. if they waited they could even do a day build on thursday which would help a lot for opening with a mid season grade park. either way it is better for them to open friday even if we want them to open wednesday.

thank you for being one of the few non-jaded bear locals. if nothing else, it'll give tom more time to put together a fun setup for opening and build stuff right instead of rushing to get it done in time for an early opening.

• Like 2

i'm well aware that bear is one of the fastest growing resorts in the eastern part of the state, but how much of that growth is from winter business? i don't know the exact financials or anything, but i'm pretty sure most of their growth lately has been through the hotel being booked for weddings and conferences.

I knew for sure two years ago and had less info last year but the vast majority of the money they make is from non-skiing related activities.

bear is easily one of the fastest growing resorts here in the eastern part of the state.

Cut me a break! Bear Sucks. Top ten reasons to ride Doe Mountain:

1. You suck.

2. You live in Macungie and don't have a car or friends with a car.

3. Your Mom hates you.

4. You sit in the lodge.

5. Your legs burn after 72 vertical feet.

6. Your pussy is bleeding.

7. Your Dad hates you.

8. You like the bar.

9. You like the bar.

10. You like the bar.

• Like 3