Monday Night Race League 2011

mbike-ski

There was a little chatter in earlier thread somewhere ...any interest this year?

Monday Night Racing: Buckman's /Blue Mountain Challenge Series (21 years of age or older)

A weekly series of four open races offered to a team. The "Men's Team" defined as a minimum of 5 and max of 7 racers. The "Women's Team" defined as a minimum of 3 and max of 5 racers. The race is judged by standard F.I.S. rules. All racers must have release forms on file in the racing office before racing.

DATES: Five consecutive Mondays starting January 10th, 2011

TIME: Registration 6pm - 6:30pm Women's start time 7pm Men start immediately after women

FEE: Men: $185 per team (lift ticket not included) Women: $125 per team (lift ticket not included)

Johnny Style? Jeff? Bobert? Brian? BobSr? Nastarr Glenn? I was a good time a few years ago and we a had respectable finish :cheers:

Can someone change 2010 to 2011?

Edited by mbike-ski

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nastarr glenn is in

jstyle

ss-skier

nasty glenn

mbike

alts:t

toast

were on the cusp here, need 1 more for roster! 7 committed works best, keeps the $ down and scores up1even the fast guys dnf once in awhile and us slow guys get a chnce to help out! :rofl

c'mon jeff we need another fast guy :downhill: talk to him johhnny!

My *only* apprehension about doing this is my Atomic race skis. If it's SL, I'll snag a pair of Racetigers so I can mount PX15's on them. I just don't feel safe with the pre-releases I've had on them.

Anyone want to buy a pair of WC SL:12s? :)

just do it on your pe's

j-style can give a better description of the sets i'm sure but it was a slalom in the past, some nights set looser/modified but certainly much closer to sl than gs

this year on razor's who knows :blink:

If it's on Razor's, my guess is that they'll set below the first headwall, and run down to the real finish line. My race suit hasn't been worn in a while...hmmm. If you need me, count me in. I'll figure out the ski situation.

cool, were in! they were single breakaways - i remember cuz the first race was the first time i had ever run a set like that and had no idea how to block - my face and shoulder did not work very well :banghead

Wait mike is making this sound laid back and you are doing all this race talk. I just want to ski hard, hit some gates,and drink some beers...

thats what its all about! :cheers:

cool, were in! they were single breakaways - i remember cuz the first race was the first time i had ever run a set like that and had no idea how to block - my face and shoulder did not work very well :banghead

Nothing like mowing down slalom gates. The best way to ski slalom is to be stuck in a traffic jam on the way to the mountain, get really pissed, and just fckin mow 'em down. Johnny should be an olympic slalom skier by now :rofl

But I do enjoy slalom. I always second guess myself on flushes though. I raced an SL at Mountain Creek with a triple flush to the finish line. WTF.

And no...we're there to win. Everyone must wear their speed suits!

If it's on Razor's, my guess is that they'll set below the first headwall, and run down to the real finish line. My race suit hasn't been worn in a while...hmmm. If you need me, count me in. I'll figure out the ski situation.

I have a pair of 170something rc4's if you need them. I'd say they are in between a gs and sl ski so perfect for most beer league stuff.

nice! i'll check this week to see if regs need to be handed in before the 10th but i don't think so. still one roster spot open...

switchside... you're definately in right?

I've never actually seen him ski at Blue Mountain, and I thought he was going to be in Germany the whole month of January?