JF 12/18

C1erArt

Beautiful day, cold at start but a little warmer now. Challenge and one park glades are great. Elevator is very scratchy and lumpy at bottom.

They seeded some moguls most of the way down the left side of exhibition. They just need some tlc to smooth them out. Come on people - lets get them skiied into shape.

5271541744_36323e913d_b.jpg

Great day on the snow. The place was empty!! Stephen and his friend got yelled at by ski patrol for going too fast down thunderbolt.

And here is a dumb question (only becayse I have never done this). How do you tighten a buckle on a ski boot? Is this something I can do myself or do I need to bring it to a shop?

Great day on the snow. The place was empty!! Stephen and his friend got yelled at by ski patrol for going too fast down thunderbolt.

And here is a dumb question (only becayse I have never done this). How do you tighten a buckle on a ski boot? Is this something I can do myself or do I need to bring it to a shop?

If you have a micro adjust buckle, you can twist the buckle part (on the outside of the boot) to screw it in or out.

If you don't have that, or need more adjustment, you can unscrew the receiver part of the buckle (on the inside of the boot, and move it (along with the nut) to another of the pre-drilled holes. It is a standard torx type screw with a little nut on the inside of the plastic part of the boot between the plastic and the liner.

Some videos from a new GoPro helmet cam (wide angle, but not the hi def one). No music either. Like the way the trees just bent out of my way when I went past them in the glade :rolleyes:

Challenge Glade

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bCeBnbqdq0

Challenge Glade with Dan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aHzQuVC5z0

Solitude and River Shot (blowing snow on Floyds)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWg3jJ7Qnes

And finally, by Every Trail log. Up and down, up and down.

Every Trail

how would you seed bumps?

Set up gates and have ski patrol, the groomer, the lifties, who ever ski the gates. This is how competition bump runs are setup. Personally I don't see the point anyways, just let them form naturally. Just seems like you will get worse bumps with random 10 ft wide mounds in the middle of the hill.

bumps are not gonna form naturally on most PA hills because the terrain is not steep enough for people to turn so much..the seeds are just the start..I'm guessing dollars to donuts that in two weeks the bumps at Jack Frost are gonna be sweet...looks like they did a good job planting the seeds..

The front 4 on CB had some pretty technical bumps. JF had several naturally bumped runs when I went there. Nearly everything at Elk down the middle is bumped, and unseeded.

The front 4 on CB had some pretty technical bumps. JF had several naturally bumped runs when I went there. Nearly everything at Elk down the middle is bumped, and unseeded.

CB's "bumps" were always terrible (no rhythm). Blue seeds their bumps, and gets it right. Blue actually starts their bumps similar to what JF tried to do, but they're too far apart, and takes hours of stomping to form them before skier traffic will do any good.

CB's "bumps" were always terrible (no rhythm). Blue seeds their bumps, and gets it right. Blue actually starts their bumps similar to what JF tried to do, but they're too far apart, and takes hours of stomping to form them before skier traffic will do any good.

CB's bumps were fun and technical. If you couldn't find rhythm you need to tune up your riding.

• Like 1

If you have a micro adjust buckle, you can twist the buckle part (on the outside of the boot) to screw it in or out.

If you don't have that, or need more adjustment, you can unscrew the receiver part of the buckle (on the inside of the boot, and move it (along with the nut) to another of the pre-drilled holes. It is a standard torx type screw with a little nut on the inside of the plastic part of the boot between the plastic and the liner.

Just wanted to say thanks for responding to my question and trying to help. The boots have rivets that attatch them and even the local ski shop couldn't do much with them. It's not too bad. I think he can get through the season with them.

Just wanted to say thanks for responding to my question and trying to help. The boots have rivets that attatch them and even the local ski shop couldn't do much with them. It's not too bad. I think he can get through the season with them.

If you need the boot tighter, get some Dr Sholl's molefoam (not moleskin) and add some padding to inside of the tongue of the boot liner.