idea tossing

RomeOp

just tossing the idea around of having an ice rink rail jam in the near future to make up for what didn't go down tonight. If you have any ideas pitch them or if you'd like to help out organizing if something were to go down, post here or email me...lwd84@rcn.com

You can't count steezemachine in to participate - I'll do what I can to organize/help transport whatever I can do. I dunno anything about rinks - but the fake carpet snow thing sounds really cool - got a million dollars?

Here is a question? Can a snow machine/fan like at the ones at BC be enclosed in a cooled down building and be forced to make snow?

let me clarify a little...in the past i have gotten a group of friends with trucks and we went out to the ice rink and shoveled the shavings into the beds and drove to our spot. to small pick-up beds (ford ranger size) was enough for a run in with a lip and a landing/run-out.

obviously i don't plan on this lasting more than a few hours, but with alot of trucks and utilizing all of the rinks in the area(a-town and vicinity) alot could happen.

I wasn't thinking anything outragoeus, but something fun could be made out of it. I work in the snowboard shop at nestors and have lots of contacts as far as reps and such to possibly get some product for giveaways. (maybe even the guy starting the company in jersey could help out ;).

You can't count steezemachine in to participate - I'll do what I can to organize/help transport whatever I can do. I dunno anything about rinks - but the fake carpet snow thing sounds really cool - got a million dollars?

Here is a question?  Can a snow machine/fan like at the ones at BC be enclosed in a cooled down building and be forced to make snow?

26091[/snapback]

Yes...good luck trying to get an entire building cooled down to freezing temps.

they do it in europe. I mean if teh french can do it we should be able to do it over night.

26101[/snapback]

You have to have a really good air conditioner and it would be really expensive. Speaking of ice rinks, how cold do they keep them? Maybe we can sneak a snow gun in.

A rail session would be really cool. It wouldn't even have to be big. Maybe a make a video to promote the site and just to have some fun.

Hey! I have a pickup truck!

You have to have a really good air conditioner and it would be really expensive.  Speaking of ice rinks, how cold do they keep them?  Maybe we can sneak a snow gun in. 

Hey! I have a pickup truck!

26103[/snapback]

i think they keep em right at 32 degrees.

and i dont ahve a pickup but i know were i can get my hands on 2 maybe even 3

yeah i dunno how long the snow is gonna hang around after they dump it outside of the rink during the summer, so everything's gotta be organized. we've set up rails at northampton high school, we took rails from the skatepark down the street and used those, it worked out ok, but there were only like 6 or 7 of us hitting stuff, not a huge crowd.

What would be involved with doing a rail jam in a rink? My son and I both play hockey at the Steel Ice Center in Bethlehem and I could talk tothem about it. I'm sure it would depend on how much open ice time they have and how bad they want to fill those slots but it could be a cool promotional event for them

What would be involved with doing a rail jam in a rink? My son and I both play hockey at the Steel Ice Center in Bethlehem and I could talk tothem about it. I'm sure it would depend on how much open ice time they have and how bad they want to fill those slots but it could be a cool promotional event for them

26291[/snapback]

Again read above. The jam would not be IN the rink, but rather use the shavings from the rink that they just discard.