12/21 TR

Nidecker

Hey alright where should I start. Well I clocked in at 8:23 for stoke and went to work. Not so much action going on so I took 6 runs while being on the clock which is a sweet deal since my new boss says if it's dead take some runs... Nice. Snow is okay. Slow as shit. Wind didn't help either. That gets a minus 6 on the stoke level. Had to bomb everything to keep up a good pace. So no slow carving today if you want to make it anywhere. Hopefully it hardens up a bit later for my after work runs. Big air bag opens at 4 today hell yeah bitches! Anyone going up today be aware that the snow is slow.

This just in from Blue Mountain Ski Area. I am watching Blue mountains maintenance men FINALLY fixing the "cam". Congrats on alllll the complaints people had sent in someone put there foot down and said something needs to be done......... Only after 4 months..... One guy in an orange bucket truck with 4 guys standing and watching lol.

Someone quick check is it working I can't see!

the bumps on main street were awesome on sunday once the new snow got broken in. for anyone who's still looking for new gear, rockered skis in the bumps absolutely slay. i felt like i was skiing them much cleaner and faster than i ever did last year, and my skis are actually wider this year too. the bumps on challenge definitely need a bit more of a slow and deliberate approach as opposed to main though.

the bumps on main street were awesome on sunday once the new snow got broken in. for anyone who's still looking for new gear, rockered skis in the bumps absolutely slay. i felt like i was skiing them much cleaner and faster than i ever did last year, and my skis are actually wider this year too. the bumps on challenge definitely need a bit more of a slow and deliberate approach as opposed to main though.

My Mantra's slay in them too...maybe it's not the rocker, and maybe its the skier :blink:

This just in from Blue Mountain Ski Area. I am watching Blue mountains maintenance men FINALLY fixing the "cam". Congrats on alllll the complaints people had sent in someone put there foot down and said something needs to be done......... Only after 4 months..... One guy in an orange bucket truck with 4 guys standing and watching lol.

Still not working.

sounds like a union job

just got back from another unseasonably awesome session. got my self an early xmas present this morning, a 2gb shuffle. now I can ditch the iPhone and easily control my music. rocked it on the goggle strap all day which turned out to be perfect. rolled up around 10:30, met up with xnick, then ran into dan- and I think angryhugo. other than the horribly slow snow in lower terrain, park was probably the best it was all year. barely any ice, just the lip on the come around jump and the landing to the cannon rail were a bit slippy. everything was supreme for blue mountain standards. snow was slow in parts but fuck....35 degrees and pretty much bluebird all day. something tells me that a day like this on the first official day of winter will lead us to a really great season. snow seems to be piling on sidewinder and the lip for the airbag looked gnar. im honestly scared to send it into that thing, it really looks unsafe. mostly skied the sixer to tuts/come around/chute/MS/lower park. super fun sending it into chute. took a few vista lift hot laps through top to bottom come around which were real nice minus the 10 second run and slow lift. down rail and hip/wallride at the top of CA were money and pretty much untouched so those two features made the vista laps worth it. some busted ass vista lifty is in love with xnick....we also chased two blondes that I'm pretty sure were jailbait. theme of the day - fun as fuck. get out there and shred!

just got back from another unseasonably awesome session. got my self an early xmas present this morning, a 2gb shuffle. now I can ditch the iPhone and easily control my music. rocked it on the goggle strap all day which turned out to be perfect. rolled up around 10:30, met up with xnick, then ran into dan- and I think angryhugo. other than the horribly slow snow in lower terrain, park was probably the best it was all year. barely any ice, just the lip on the come around jump and the landing to the cannon rail were a bit slippy. everything was supreme for blue mountain standards. snow was slow in parts but fuck....35 degrees and pretty much bluebird all day. something tells me that a day like this on the first official day of winter will lead us to a really great season. snow seems to be piling on sidewinder and the lip for the airbag looked gnar. im honestly scared to send it into that thing, it really looks unsafe. mostly skied the sixer to tuts/come around/chute/MS/lower park. super fun sending it into chute. took a few vista lift hot laps through top to bottom come around which were real nice minus the 10 second run and slow lift. down rail and hip/wallride at the top of CA were money and pretty much untouched so those two features made the vista laps worth it. some busted ass vista lifty is in love with xnick....we also chased two blondes that I'm pretty sure were jailbait. theme of the day - fun as fuck. get out there and shred!

I was with Dan- and Toast all morning up until 11:30 or so, probably. great day, and there was DEFINITELY jailbait all over the place.

that jump for the airbag looks like it would literally send you 35 miles into the air. that bag's gonna need a lot of air in it.

I was with Dan- and Toast all morning up until 11:30 or so, probably. great day, and there was DEFINITELY jailbait all over the place.

that jump for the airbag looks like it would literally send you 35 miles into the air. that bag's gonna need a lot of air in it.

I can only hope the inrun for the bag is not too fast (which im sure it's not). I think it's only 20 feet to the center. that lip seriously resembled the lip of the last massive step over hit of keystone's big line last year, which was at least 80 to the knuckle with the sweet spot anywhere from 85-100...then another like 20 feet of landing after that if you got balls. I know they got to build the lip huge to make the whole thing work, but I wasn't expecting to see that monster.

i didn't find the snow to be very slow. but i just waxed last night. the wind slowed things up more than anything. i thought the snow was great. i'll take that snow over ice any day of the year.

oh, and lots of teenies around.

did you finally set something up at home?

this sounds gay haha. let me know how it goes...

nothing gay about a bunch of dudes crammed into a basement sharing tuning equipment, drinking beers, and talking about riverboat gambling trips, making our own beef jerky, and shitting with the door open

Hell no the jump is SWEEEEET. Straight bomb the drop in and you make it to the middle of the bag it shoots ya about 25 feet up and 30 feet out. Jump is 18 feet high. Park Cr

too bad it throws you into a giant scary bag of air instead of a landing made of snow and costs a ridiculous amount of additional money on top of my already expensive season pass to hit.

Take it to the bag before breaking your neck on the snow. Yeah season pass is 125$$$ or you can also do a 4 jump package or a 6 hour session.. I forget the prices of the packages but are reasonable in price.

I've never hit one of those before but it honestly looks like a great way to overcomplicate things and possibly hurt yourself even more, like foam pits can sometimes be. What happens if you land on your head (probably get just as hurt)? What if you get tangled up with your skis and they don't eject and rip your knees to shreds? What if your skis do eject and you fall on them going into the bag, or they fall on you? What happens if you go too gnar off the lip and send it too far to the left or right and not land in the middle? Maybe I just need to hit it/see someone else hit it but I'm honestly more scared to send it into that thing than I am to send it on a real jump.