Jack Frost 1/27, Nyaa, Nyaa

C1erArt

Working from home this week, so been out each morning for a few runs. Monday was pretty cold - after the weekend the groomers were unbelievably well groomed. Looked like a Japanese guy had been over them all with a little rake. Was a shame to mess them up with my tracks.

Tuesday was warmer, and hit it first thing and DW joined later (dear wife, that is). Worked Exhibition bumps a little. Nice.

Was waiting for opening this morning with freshly waxed PEs. Didn't get as much snow as farther south, but they got 3-4". The groomers were soft as silk - they left the left side of T-bolt ungroomed (would have been nice to have an ungroomed Floyds too - not many people on it - we were all off-piste). The short radius squiggly ones in the middle were mine.

5393504084_101a630ffb.jpg

East mountain was the place to be. Hit the bumps above River Shot and over to Floyds and then a couple of Elevator runs from the apex straight down the steepest part. Pretty sweet. People were jumping off Risk it.

Again the run of the day was Challenge Glade - did a dozen or so runs there. A lot of people in it. Exited the middle a couple of times and ran down under the chairlift.

5392910189_f5a3dbbbf6_z.jpg

5392912777_129cd7794e.jpg

Pictures above were Challenge Glade at the start of the day. I worked extra hard all morning to be sure there weren't any freshy lines left for PASR day.:nana

Everyone was over on East Mountain, so the Challenge lift liftys got a little bored.

5393514888_a1e0016f3e_z.jpg

Edited by C1er

challenge glades definetly has more coverage than t-bolt glade. i've never had a lot of love for t-bolt glade. both challenge and one park glade did have some areas that were skied off right in the middle, that you needed to avoid, but they are most likely covered back up now.

Ok cool thanks. What about Risk it? I didn't know it existed until about a week ago when I read about it. How difficult is it and is the coverage alright like challenge glade?

Risk it isnt a normal glade or trail. It's a pretty much a cliff. There is a narrow section down the middle that doesn't require air but does require some really quick turns. There's normally a lot of people on it right after or during a storm.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer