Feb 1-2 Storm

RootDKJ

Time to get a thread going for this next storm.

AN ACCUMULATING SNOW IS EXPECTED FROM MONDAY NIGHT INTO TUESDAY,

WITH A FEW INCHES POSSIBLE. THE HIGHER ELEVATIONS OF EASTERN

PENNSYLVANIA AND NORTHERN NEW JERSEY MAY RECEIVE SEVERAL INCHES OF

SNOW.

A WINTRY MIX OF PRECIPITATION IS ANTICIPATED FROM LATE TUESDAY

AFTERNOON INTO WEDNESDAY. THE MAIN CONCERN FOR THAT TIME PERIOD

IS ICE. THERE IS THE POTENTIAL FOR A SIGNIFICANT ICE ACCUMULATION.

Snow-forecast.com is calling for around 5 inches at Blue on Tuesday and then .7 inches of ncp on Wednesday morning.

Powder Morning Tuesday??? I am behind the curve and haven't checked any info on this storm on the accuweather storms. It sure seems like a long duration event..sort of unusual is the majority of our winter weather storms have been 4-8 hour ordeals...

I'm thinking that Tuesday RAW right now...

Cold surface temperatures with warm air aloft is the recipe for sleet and freezing rain..roads are gonna be a mess..

won't suck for powder skiing tomorrow morning...for me anything frozen is positive...net gain to the snowpack..

tomorrow morning will be good for skiing, but the sleet/freezing rain could be a considerable amount - roads are gonna be a mess, really high potential for widespread power outages as well. we will get a good forecast when its all over. some people think it will be colder LV and north....wait and see kind of storm.

this storm has awesome potential to suck.

Yeah, this one could be a buzzkill with the ice in the forecast, I think I'll sit tight and just watch this develop and how the roads/powerlines are afffected. Elk and Catskills are forecasting 6-15". Oddly, the VT forecast is 2-4" right now.

What Vermont forecast are you looking at...I'm seeing 16-24+ inch storm totals for southern and mid-Vermont..less in Northern VT..more like 8-16 but they'll get more snow on the back edge...the 2nd part of the storm will have gulf moisture. It is not written in stone that we'll get major ice in the Poconos..might be more of an icing problem in southern PA..alot of uncertainty between I-78 and Root 80..

Moe you thinking of packing up the Moe-tel and chasing some Pow??

I was looking at the snow watcher page on TWC.com, but I just pulled up the NOAA weather alerts which make more sense. The Moe-tel is mothballed for the time being, I'm needed at home, so day trips are about the only way to go for me, unfortunately. I'm hoping in a week or 2, Mrs. Moe will be able to handle things on her own so I can get out for some 2-4 day trips. I've got cash, no kids, no job, 10 pairs of skis and I can't go anywhere. Fahk me.

OK...wanted a 6am update...it's snowing lightly and it looks like almost an inch new so far. I haven't looked at the maps or discussiong yet to see when it will change to sleet/freezing rain and what's up with the development of this storm.

I've got about the same. Don't know if there's any freezing crap involved until I go out to clear the cars.

Not going up. Freezing rain here. ER is packed. Might not get out on time. What a bust of a storm.

El sucko. BTW, thanks for the updates this AM. I'm heading up to Plattekill tomorrow for Powder daize Thursday and Friday. Sounds like they may get some good dumpage.