Is Your Season Over?

Ride Delaware ?

Just drove to Denver and back. Never saw any $4 gas...well, I did get Premium the whole way (was trying to find stuff without ethanol when possible). I paid as little as 3.67, up to 3.97 for Premium. Also discovered that I get much better mileage out of Shell (28, one tank), Sinclair (5 tanks worth, averaged 25 MPG) and in the past, Chevron (trip to Oregon coast showed 3 MPG more than Texaco). Sucking big time: Conoco and Cenex (23 MPG). I was driving at 78 MPH for over 1000 miles each way, aside from construction slow downs, no appreciable driving pattern difference tank to tank.

Well, even buying in advance, it would have been $500-600 to fly (don't know why, it's been as low as $268 in the past, I was stunned). Then, I'd have to rent a car when I got there. We were meeting with a lawyer and nothing was firm in advance (IT NEVER IS WHEN I GO THERE), so driving was the only "flexible dates" option. I think I did this four times last year. Now that I live out west, I've become the queen of serious drives, although I am not (alone) capable of more than nine hours. I never stop for lunch, just to pee and pump gas. With Siblet, I can do longer drives, but NOT clear to Denver in one day, I'd be a cripple from sitting for 17 hours or so.

Edited by sibhusky

I'd rather get there by night time. I HATE driving at night. Too many critters jumping in the road.

Wow no stops for lunch...u hardcore. I'm over long drives..next season I don't think I'm gonna ski Vermont at all, just take 3-4 trips out west.

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty sure my season finished yesterday, squaw is only open one more week despite massive amounts of snow left.

We had a mellow day riding KT-22, Headwall and Shirley lake, just enjoying the sunshine and still pretty decent snow. It was soft and slow but not yet wet and slushy, lots of fun and no liftlines at all.

It's been an awesome season for us here in CA, for those able and willing to hit the backcountry there is probably a lot more still to come.

Pretty sure my season finished yesterday, squaw is only open one more week despite massive amounts of snow left.

We had a mellow day riding KT-22, Headwall and Shirley lake, just enjoying the sunshine and still pretty decent snow. It was soft and slow but not yet wet and slushy, lots of fun and no liftlines at all.

It's been an awesome season for us here in CA, for those able and willing to hit the backcountry there is probably a lot more still to come.

what about mammoth?

what about mammoth?

They're still running but from here in the south bay, it's either a $200+ flight or an 8-10 hour drive. It's actually way quicker to get there from LA than from here as once the passes around yosemite are closed, you either have to go up to Tahoe and down the back of the sierras or go down towards LA and approach from the south.

If I get serious withdrawal, it may still be on the cards for early June.

If I get serious withdrawal, it may still be on the cards for early June.

I feel really bad for you... I can imagine that having that much snow and having an incredibly long season end on May 22 is heartbreaking... I hope you can pull through... :crymore:

• Like 1

Ended mine Sunday, May 22nd at Arapahoe Basin with 6" of fresh powder. Warmed up in the afternoon but the conditions were great. They plan to stay open until June 19th.

4dd9c74455629.jpg

Lenawee Lift Line

4dd9c906ac4a8.jpg

Top of the Front Side

4dd9c837af785.jpg

Montezuma Bowl with Keystone and Breckenridge in the background

4dd9caaac60a9.jpg

Nice soft bumps

4dd9ca243065e.jpg

The Beach

4dd9cce4be82f.jpg

Loveland Pass on the way home

• Like 2

I feel really bad for you... I can imagine that having that much snow and having an incredibly long season end on May 22 is heartbreaking... I hope you can pull through... :crymore:

That made me laugh.....

post-109-0-60673100-1306356719_thumb.jpg

I think I will make it.