Is Your Season Over?

Ride Delaware ?

As depressing as it is, now that we are almost in the 2nd week of April, the season is quickly starting disappear. No areas south of PA are open while Big Boulder and CB are the remaining two areas in PA. Most of the smaller mountains in NY, VT, NH, and ME have shut down, and so have almost all the mountains in the coastal states. That being said, their season ending also contributes to our season ending. How many PASRs are done for the season? What is the latest you have skied or ridden lift served on the East Coast? What is the latest you have gotten lift served anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere? What is the latest you have hiked to earn your turns?

Personally, I am planning on hitting Hunter tomorrow, April 7th. That still puts me one day behind my last east coast day of all time, Belleayre April 8, 2008. That being said, I am hoping tomorrow is not my last day and I am planning on getting a couple VT days in the week before Easter. My last day in the Northern Hemisphere was April 26, 2009 at Whistler. Mid winter at the top, spring bumps with sweet and low at the base. I have never had the chance to hike for my turns, so this date remains open for me... How about you guys?

I'm gonna need a new jacket, pants, goggles, helmet and 1-2 pairs of skis.

Next year will be my cheapest season in like 2 years or gear. I only need a pair of spring pants, gloves, and boots... I still have 2 brand new snowboards and bindings sitting in the spare room. Didn't get in the kind of season I wanted, but I am happy nonetheless...

Going to Colorado April 16-25th. As long as this cortizone shot I got today starts working, my season is not over.

you'll be here over closing weekend at wp... i'll be there.

i have a few more days this season, but i'm weening off the snow and onto the bike and rock... also saving for my raft. so trips to the high country are hurting that savings.

ive been watching all these gaper day edits and i got to say, glad i left CO. that place is looking so beat now. definitely peaked a few years ago as far as local/vibe.

when gaper day is just so ridiculous, so many people who are all down, insanely drunk, and you get to the top of the park with another 100 or so fucked up mofos and theres breck patrol/employees holding tape over the park because "its getting a bit too crazy guys" you know its only going downhill from there.

abays looked legit though, just a lil more small/homie like.

ive been watching all these gaper day edits and i got to say, glad i left CO. that place is looking so beat now. definitely peaked a few years ago as far as local/vibe.

when gaper day is just so ridiculous, so many people who are all down, insanely drunk, and you get to the top of the park with another 100 or so fucked up mofos and theres breck patrol/employees holding tape over the park because "its getting a bit too crazy guys" you know its only going downhill from there.

abays looked legit though, just a lil more small/homie like.

you crazy? abay has the most out of control end of season gaper day activities of anyone, and has for years. summit county is just getting more crowded because all the bros from denver eat that pass up faster then they can put a lift kit on their f150. co isn't whack, summit county is whack.

I hope not... This is my first full season riding and I don't want it to end. Thinking about the best place to go this weekend.

Anyone have any tips on the best place in Southern VT or Catskills? Is S. VT that much better than Catskills this time of the year?

This season I have been to Powder Mt, Snowbird, Brighton, Loveland etc so I am looking at who has the best terrain to offer. I haven't been anywhere in the Catskills or Vermont so I am clueless as to who has the best up there.

Any tips?

you crazy? abay has the most out of control end of season gaper day activities of anyone, and has for years. summit county is just getting more crowded because all the bros from denver eat that pass up faster then they can put a lift kit on their f150. co isn't whack, summit county is whack.

you guys dont ski park i dont expect you to say anything good about summit. its whatev.

abay is standard gaper day. been the same for years. always a good time. liquor mtn for sure. partying up on the essi bus was crazy - keg stands all day haha. gaper day is the only time all the lots get full. it is completely out of hand but its a more grown up out of hand.

just, brecks a few years ago was like woodstock. no one knew how big it was gonna be but when shit started going down we went for broke. people were laying on knuckles gettin tapped by people landing. people were too fucked up to even get on the gondola. i believe the quote from breck was "patrol is getting scared, you guys need to go somewhere else"

ive been all over co man, i know, its just summit.

im trying to go to OR/WA next year. fuck it

sounds like we were on the same page all along. you just said colorado as a blanket statement, and summit county is not exactly a great way to describe the entire state.

i absolutely wouldve liked to explore co a little more but its so spread out.

whatever though. i sold my ski pants and no one wants my boot bag so ill peace out again. :)

Thanks for the tip Grilled Steeze... Northern VT is a little bit too far just for a day trip coming from Allentown I guess I will stick with Hunter.. Was really hoping to get a chance to hit Jay Peak this season but I don't think it will happen.

honestly, i'd hit mount snow over hunter at this point. i was at hunter a few weeks ago and the amount of terrain that was open seemed pretty limited to me, and a lot of the more difficult trails are all essentially the same. mount snow is really not much longer of a drive at all either. it can be done from the valley in about 4 hours pretty easily.

you should post some reports from the past few weeks!!!! :wiggle

for intermediate terrain in the catskills I'd pick Belleayre over Huntah..

I'm not real motivated to do Hunter again, but if it's my only option I'll do it. Everything there is a hard left turn and then straight except for Belt which is a soft right turn and straight.