2011-2012 season...

burton71

i have a brand new board, today was maybe my 4th day on it and i felt like the snow was sticky. nothing compared to last year though. then again we've have straight sugar and fast snow for the past couple weeks so that may have been it.

skate rail is terrible something else needs to go there. rails in lower black bear are fun but the first set is hirting right now choice of bad flat box bad skate rail setup down or bad mini jump. everything else is prime thouh. jumps are great. rail in the spine is way more fun now that its a little higher out of the snow. id like to see the circle bar like the one next to the dfd setup urban down

yeah top jump could be pushed bigger... or what i think would be sick is a entirely flat lip with a defined knuckle like 10 or so feet away. pretty much like an anti jump. it would serve as a good setup for the two jumps after, since its pretty much not big enough and we dont have enough snow for a semi legit jump there i think the anti jump would be pretty sick.

cant say i'm the biggest fan of the mini jumps either. the three lines in lower black bear definitely fell apart. id like to see the circle bar flat down setup as an a-frame where the mini jump is after the candy cane. that would make for a pretty fun line up rail, down rail, aframe. second jump in black bear is still super fun.

Snow is holding up well considering the temps. Starting to see a brown spot here or there but no mud really showing through on the trails yet. We switched a few things out of boredom and cause we figured a new build is a bit away what with the warm temps and all. pulled the skate rail up onto the lip so it's an up rail as stated already. Flipped the dfd around for a fdf with a lip at the front and then a small urban type lip on either side starting at the down. Kicked it up last night and really stayed on top of things cause the wet snow was really workable. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

yeah the mini jumps are boring for you guys maybe but the gapers love em and it helps stop the side jumping on the rail lips.

Snow is holding up well considering the temps. Starting to see a brown spot here or there but no mud really showing through on the trails yet. We switched a few things out of boredom and cause we figured a new build is a bit away what with the warm temps and all. pulled the skate rail up onto the lip so it's an up rail as stated already. Flipped the dfd around for a fdf with a lip at the front and then a small urban type lip on either side starting at the down. Kicked it up last night and really stayed on top of things cause the wet snow was really workable. The kids seemed to enjoy it.

yeah the mini jumps are boring for you guys maybe but the gapers love em and it helps stop the side jumping on the rail lips.

Indeed.

We've had a lot of requests for smaller jumps and since we're working with a base of about 12" in the family park the only place to put them is in Black Bear.

Honestly... cascade might be only rails by the weekend. It will still be fun though.

Wouldn't mind that. The first jump in cascade hasn't beet too populated this year anyway. If the second jump in blackbear was pushed out/made bigger I think it would work. I think it would be cool to put the red white and black bonk at the end of the long up rail. Not sure how everyone else feels about this?

how can bear claim a base of 18-30".. its not even close.. it's more like 6-18" in reality.

Haha, same way they claim 6 lifts and 21 trails on the weather channel ticker. It's native american magic, I think they measure the snow depth on the backside near the burial grounds. I hear it's really deep back there. They may be padding that 500 vert a little bit too but who's counting.

Another fun day yesterday. Soft fast snow, great jumps, and warm sunny weather.

Only issue was Black Bear got really crowded at times due to the lack of features on Cascade. Some little kid got hurt on the first jump in the morning and then I saw at least three other pile ups due to people just bombing at jumps when they weren't clear.

Nice to see they were able to blow some snow on the web cam this morning. They definitely can use it.