2011-2012 season...

burton71

Sick alias chief.

I'm on night shift so I don't show up til between 2 and 3. It is critical to rake run before the sun goes down to flatten everything before it freezes up. Congrats you completely missed my point. I agree morning crew could do better, we switched some guys around recently and I have a feeling it'll get better soon.

And FYI I work a full 8 hours before I even show up to bc to shovel anything.

I'd bet you don't even work, hell you sound like a bitter person stuck in the midwest.

So you already know the morning guys performance has been lackluster. That is rather disappointing, I was hoping we could fight over that for a while...

Statistics wise the midwest isn't all that bad. Quite a few of the mountains dwarf Bear Creek in vertical drop and skiable acres.

It is wonderful that you come out and rake at night when the snow is nice and hard and won't need further attention but what about the 8 hours before dusk when the snow is soft and requires constant care? Maybe the nights are cared for but the days are very neglected.

I truly feel your pain after that grueling 2 hours of digging. How could any one imagine working 8 hours...

there is next to nothing to do during the weekdays considering there is about 20 kids actually riding the park. they could not do one rake run all day and it wouldnt show untill the after school crowd showed up around 4. weekends are another story however and i see park crew out in full force on the weekends.

I dont think bear is or will ever be that good of a park. The jumps are never the same 2 days in a row, the park crew will be out building nice lips one day and the next day you wont see any of them.

And if they wanted to build cascade they should have did it over the weekend when it was cold, I knew they wouldn't go near it last night it was to warm and to much rain, they would have lost to much snow.

yes this season sucks and it makes it harder but when you have cold temps you need to take that opportunity and build the park!

I just looked at the webcam and their building it now i guess they dont care to save the snow..... :confused

Can't tell if you're trolling or not lol.

In case you aren't...

We've been planning that Cascade build for the better part of a week once we saw the cold temps rolling in for this past weekend. Rarely will we do a build below 25 degrees because chances are they're making more snow that we know what to do with at the moment. We like to wait until after a snowmaking window so that we have the most to work with. Unless it's for an event we don't do builds on the weekends. Weekends are when we see the most traffic so we like to have the parks dialed in as best they can be by then.

I seriously can't say this enough though.... as much as we try and keep on top of everything, conditions change rapidly. If you guys see something that needs work, please tell us!!!

So you already know the morning guys performance has been lackluster. That is rather disappointing, I was hoping we could fight over that for a while...

Statistics wise the midwest isn't all that bad. Quite a few of the mountains dwarf Bear Creek in vertical drop and skiable acres.

Just to clarify from my own personal experience, morning crew has not been lackluster in getting the park open every morning and keeping it in as best of condition as they can. There really is only so much that can be done when the daytime temps get up to 50 and turn everything to mashed potatoes.

BTW YOU ARE A TROLL, reveal your true identity

The park was really fun this weekend, best it's been so far. Couple thoughts:

In Cascade, instead of those stairs, what about a corrugated tube up on a bank/quarterpipe, so you come around the bend on the right, then up to hit it. I know all the little skiiers love rolling over the stairs, but it's a pretty useless feature. Or, maybe shape that so it's a hip off to the right side, or you can bypass it on the left to hit the rails.

Also in Cascade, on that initial slope before any of the rails, why not dig out some hips in that bank on the left, or put up a slanted rail or box? Or (maybe this has to wait for summer) bring one of those big slab rocks that are all over the place, and make a rock wallride. You could definitely fit one or two things in there instead of empty space.

Lastly, in the bottom rail section, maybe change up that wooden bench between the mailbox and down tube. Something like a flat bar to stairset, or just a skate-style flat rail or anything that goes in that line a little better than a wood box that most people gap over anyways. It just doesn't really fit in that line at all.

Anyway I think the park is really good right now, I'm glad you changed up Cascade the way you did. Just some ideas I think could make it better.

the flat wood rail is so fun to gap over and tail tap the end of. it would be dope if the c box was put before the stairs so you use that to curve into them then tail or nose drag down after it. or gap them. i want the dfd to be setup as a down up down or an up flat up, anything different.s rail is so prime right now . its prolly more gratifying cleaning that thing than stomping a two onto an urban rail.

Edited by mollyskeeze

Honestly don't think we'll make it past the first or second weekend in march, its been way too warm and we don't have alot of snow. Unless the temps take a drastic turn its not looking promising. We really got screwed by mother nature this year. I'd like bear to be open as long as possible but realistically its not looking good at all.

Snow or no snow it all comes down to if people show up. If it remains 50+ degrees durning the day no one is going to head up to ski / ride. Its going to be almost 60 tomorrow, I bet it will be a ghost town up there.

I'm still crossing my fingers for a nice storm early march to get people back into the winter mood. I'd like to get a couple more days in at BC when I get back from Telluride and Silverton.