2011-2012 season...

burton71

We blew a fair amount of snow last night, I'd like to shed some light on why the park is how it is right now as of 9:50 am... It's bad. We are not lazy; we are not slacking or smoking in our hut as many assume. The problem today lies in the fact that the lips froze solid with ruts last night, until the sun "thaws" them out they are next to impossible to work with, Our efforts were futile this morning. We tried our best to give you the best that was possible so please take this into consideration before flaming today.

I'm sorry, all I heard there was "morning crew is slackin again, but making excuses this time", maybe if those jerks on night shift last night would have worked harder this wouldn't be a problem. I can't imagine there is even anyone there to complain about it though as its been pretty dead lately. We totally got you guys, magged all those lips super hard last night once they were rutted just for you buddy.

Btw, who stacked all our skis in a teepee last night??? That was kinda funny I gotta admit.

but seriously now, am I missing something or what, if they blew last night why didn't they groom the lips this morning with the machines??? Were the ruts so bad the groomers couldn't even do anything about it.

gotta have snow for those snowmobile races. park was an absolute mess yesterday. everything was rediclously deep and slushy hopefully since the snow is actually going to freeze the next few nights and theyll blow it will get some structure to it and not be ankle deep by 10am

That's what she said!!! Looks like BC won't have to give a partial refund!!!

Not too out anybody's personal info on here, but I feel it should be said that you are "that's what she saiding" a girl that is surely much younger than you and it's semi creepy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that I'm sure you've never met molly.

Try to behave a little bit more douglas, I mean you're not even really using it right anyway and I'm failing to see the humor.

• Like 1

Not too out anybody's personal info on here, but I feel it should be said that you are "that's what she saiding" a girl that is surely much younger than you and it's semi creepy. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that I'm sure you've never met molly.

Try to behave a little bit more douglas, I mean you're not even really using it right anyway and I'm failing to see the humor.

I was gonna delete that until you quoted it.

• Like 1

I'm sure it was doug, nice trollin, ya got me. Im gonna start acting like a turd all the time too under the guise of trolling, I mean it seems to be working so well for you.

Ya i'm so immature to have a second job. I park crew at night and design packaging 40 hours a week for a real wage. Excuse me for taking an interest in my local hill, something you know nothing about I'm sure.

• Like 2

Yesterday was awesome, shame to see the season come to an end. Park was still in good shape and really fun, especially the jump-down rail-dfdfd rail line. It was pretty hateful watching all the snowboarders, and most skiiers, try to even make it to the pond. Might have to move it higher up the hill or something next year.

What are the chances of a hike park this weekend? There should still be enough snow for something.

closing day was definitely a blast. i feel bad for the people that were biting it before they even made it to the pond. i doubt they'll do a hike park. with this weather the minute a cat touches the snow and they try to push it around its going to be a muddy mess. itd be nice though.

Doubt it, word on the street is they already have more weddings scheduled than they had last year. The skiing ain't keepin that place alive and it never did. I'd love to see some of the other losing numbers from around our fantastic keystone state.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still had the snowmobile race, it was a huge hit last year and everybody knows sledders don't give a crap about runnin on 2 inches of snow.

I'm just glad we closed early enough for me to catch the tohickon release this weekend down at ralph stover.

Closing day was a hoot, even enjoyed some of steve walker's dead covers. Little disappointed we got the boot from ski patrol as we were still grillin burgers after 4 but in hindsight it was probably a good idea.

Doubt it, word on the street is they already have more weddings scheduled than they had last year. The skiing ain't keepin that place alive and it never did. I'd love to see some of the other losing numbers from around our fantastic keystone state.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still had the snowmobile race, it was a huge hit last year and everybody knows sledders don't give a crap about runnin on 2 inches of snow.

I'm just glad we closed early enough for me to catch the tohickon release this weekend down at ralph stover.

Closing day was a hoot, even enjoyed some of steve walker's dead covers. Little disappointed we got the boot from ski patrol as we were still grillin burgers after 4 but in hindsight it was probably a good idea.

Well... that's not entirely true. According to the person i know in the offices, ski related activities (tubing, lessons, rentals, store, apres ski food/beverage etc) makes up a huge chunk of their annual bottom line. I heard over 60% but that may be a stretch. Also i noticed this year, since BC apparently took over all the food operations and kicked out their long-time food manager, prices have risen noticably. We ate there once (and only once) this winter, and although the food was pretty good as usual, $20 for a plate of skettis and over $30 for a downsized portion of crabcakes was laughable. However, the snowmaking and grooming crews really knocked it out of the park so to speak, given the rotten environment they had to contend with. Oh, and beleive me, all ski areas suffered money-wise. Elk had super conditions, even last weekend. But it's rare that i can usually get the exact same seat each and every weekend in the lodge...save for all the races they have. I think that's what helped there bottom line a little.

Wow $3.5 million loss...no way are they going to be able to host a snowmobile race on March 24th by then the snow will be all but vaporized and flowers will be in full bloom.

I haven't been there in the last few weeks, but i'd be hard pressed to see them keep healthy an 1/8th mile run of wide enough snow for this too. Especially with all that exposure to direct sunlight. Best to change it up and make it quad and dirtbike drags!

I haven't been there in the last few weeks, but i'd be hard pressed to see them keep healthy an 1/8th mile run of wide enough snow for this too. Especially with all that exposure to direct sunlight. Best to change it up and make it quad and dirtbike drags!

More like dirtbike cross country races!! Blue Mountain is holding a race this year sanctioned by NEOC (north east offroad championship), but Bear made an excuse about noise violations or something. pretty sure they just don't want us to rip up their wedding area.

my dirtbike sponsor went last year, and thier tricked out sled which is worth a rediculous amount of money would not be running on 2 inches of snow haha, but most of the people there prob wouldnt care if they were on dirt

Any BC peeps gonna be at Blue tomorrow?

closing it down at Elk this weekend, just waaay too early for the big boys to go away. Still no word on if Elk is shooting for next weekend or not.

More like dirtbike cross country races!! Blue Mountain is holding a race this year sanctioned by NEOC (north east offroad championship), but Bear made an excuse about noise violations or something. pretty sure they just don't want us to rip up their wedding area.

LOL, good point. I have a good idea of what BC charges for a wedding (it's cheaper to book a 7 day luxury cruise and get married in the helm) but to think you had to say 'I DO' to the backround noise of a dozen two-strokes wailing away... priceless.

Also i noticed this year, since BC apparently took over all the food operations and kicked out their long-time food manager, prices have risen noticably.
Food prices were just about the same as last year in both bars. Actually they had more specials and discounts this season then most that I remember.

Food prices were just about the same as last year in both bars. Actually they had more specials and discounts this season then most that I remember.

They had to try to get people to spend more money by giving specials out. There were no decent deals when i popped in for some food though the beer selection was pretty good. Looks like they just cancelled the snowmobile drags too, i was looking forward to that.

They had to try to get people to spend more money by giving specials out. There were no decent deals when i popped in for some food though the beer selection was pretty good.

I doubt it. The grill was more crowded this year than I ever remember it, which given the snow conditions is pretty weird. Definitely more non-skiing locals hanging out then in years past. And they really just took the occasional specials they had last year and made them permanent, like wings on Thursday nights. Edited by burton71