Big Boulder 3-24-2012

No Pics sorry. Decided to go on a whim with my kid to make my last turns of the season. (Ending the season on March 24th sounds a lot better than March 17th). Anyway they had Boulder Park, Drauf and Bunny Schuss open. Drauf and Bunny Schuss were total WROD's - no features. Lots of fun but extremely narrow. Boulder park was loaded with features (and snow actually - a few bare spots on BP but nothing crazy.). Everything else is dirt and grass. The place was actually pretty crowded.

Fun day to end the season with 27 days total (horrible) and 8 different mountains (not so horrible).

Edited by Ridge Racer

there's no way they're having mayday. if they do its gunna be two rails and 1000 kids. boulder park looked like it did at mayday two or three years ago... when they had the lift open. anyway we got tickets went up the lift twice and decided it sucked. ended up setting up a couple rails and features over where the plaza 2 usually is. super fun sesh and much less reckless than boulder park trail.

plaza2.0 was super fun... after we built it. that was probably the most i've tried/learned all season.

also, based on the effort i've seen out of everywhere i rode locally this year, i'd bet on blue for next year. sidewinder was consistently good this year, even with the crappy weather we had all winter. it just seemed like blue's park staff cared more and put more effort in than anywhere else i rode, so props to them.

• Like 4