MSP movie premiere tonight in Wilmington, DE

Johnny Style

This is just an FYI, but for those of you in the Southern regions of the state, be sure to check out the latest MSP film, Superheroes of Stoke, tonight at World Cafe Life in Wilmington, DE. I go to these every year and it always serves as a nice appetizer to the season. They give out swag and one of the skiers from the movie will be present to give an introduction and answer questions. Turnout is usually pretty sparse at the Philly/Wilmington events so there will be plenty of tickets remaining. Here is a teaser video to give you an idea of what the event is like. See you there.

http://vimeo.com/49786679

Siblet went to it in Moscow, ID, and told me that she hated it. Told me that even the recent WME movies were better. I told her she hadn't seen this year's WME film yet.... She felt that the lack of snow last year had impacted the film. I didn't see it (and won't now), so can't speak to it directly. Just some input, take it for what it's worth.

i caught wme's flow state last week (with nastar glenn!) pretty standard fare but always good for stoke and an elk voucher. bummed about stoketoberfest moving to sno - jr and i may make the trek friday 11/30 for msp and meatheads. the trailers looked cool, post up a review. don't worry 'bout the haters. i'd think about heading down/having dinner with the kiddo but jammed up tonight.

Siblet went to it in Moscow, ID, and told me that she hated it. Told me that even the recent WME movies were better. I told her she hadn't seen this year's WME film yet.... She felt that the lack of snow last year had impacted the film. I didn't see it (and won't now), so can't speak to it directly. Just some input, take it for what it's worth.

While I haven't seen MSP's movie, and I probably won't go out of my way to do so, if they put in work, the snow situation last year wouldn't have been an excuse for a bad movie. The PNW got hammered all season long, as did Japan, and it shows in movies like Level 1's sunny. Stept made due and put out a killer movie that had a very skateboard team video feel to it. Poor Boyz movie, albeit a bit stale in formula and sporadic in how one segment transitioned into the next, still had killer skiing and there were definitely individual segments that are stoke worthy. I hope MSP put something cool together, I just haven't been very stoked on the bulk of the stuff they've put out lately.

• Like 1