Blivers

this makes sense.

What are the chances of bear having a small hike park set all season? I know we passed the idea on before. Hiking rails sucks cause its always a longer and steeper distance to hike compared to a hike park. Boulders is extremely flat and short, but has a little drop in for the speed. It is nice to just hangout and mess around on. I really want this so I can play a game of skate and take shots of apple juice if you miss the trick... basically everyone wins

Just to clarify, you mean not a free hike park right??? Just something small set aside from the normal park??? I could see this being possible as we usually have extra rails not in use. Don't know how the mountain higher ups would feel about it though.

Just to clarify, you mean not a free hike park right??? Just something small set aside from the normal park??? I could see this being possible as we usually have extra rails not in use. Don't know how the mountain higher ups would feel about it though.

Yes he means like the plaza at boulder. It's usually just 3 small hike able rails to mess around on/try new things without have to take the lift or walk a decent way up the trail

Bear was nice this morning. Everything rode real well. IMO the candy cane is the nicest rail in the park right now. Snow started to feel sticky when I left at 1130, it was also getting pretty crowded although there was never really a lift line.

The lip looks weird on the candy cane but really it rides the same. just imagine the rail extending into the lip and its the same. you would ollie past that part every time anyway because its right next to the lip. everything is super fun right now. cant wait till we can fill in the rest of lower black bear with features. if we have enough snow on upper black bear it would be sweet to see a couple more rollers. theyre fun.

Bear was pretty fun yesterday, but I have two major gripes:

After that whole conversation on here, why why why is the candy cane rail set up like that?! I just don't understand why it's straight on. Nowhere else sets rails up like that, and that rail is usually set up right. You shouldn't have to "imagine" it being set up correctly. Just boggles my mind.

Also, can there be some semblance of park flow? No reason the flat rail, down bar, and candy cane rail should all not be in a line. Having to zig zag around to hit them is real dumb.

After that whole conversation on here, why why why is the candy cane rail set up like that?! I just don't understand why it's straight on. Nowhere else sets rails up like that, and that rail is usually set up right. You shouldn't have to "imagine" it being set up correctly. Just boggles my mind.

Also, can there be some semblance of park flow? No reason the flat rail, down bar, and candy cane rail should all not be in a line. Having to zig zag around to hit them is real dumb.

Because aliens.

I also thought the candy cane was set up weird but it actually rides perfect.

Because aliens.

I also thought the candy cane was set up weird but it actually rides perfect. Do you ski or snowboard?

Uhh, just because the features you want to hit aren't in a straight line doesn't mean the park has no flow. LOL.

• Like 1

If you look at the top set of 3 rails in lower black bear it's kind of staggered in a irregular way. Underneath all that snow is a dirt swale for drainage so we used that as a natural downslope rather than making an entire tier out of snow we didn't have. When we get enough snow to make the normal tiers completely out of snow they will all be lined up nice and pretty for you guys.

Uhh, just because the features you want to hit aren't in a straight line doesn't mean the park has no flow. LOL.

Regardless of whether or not they're the ones I want to hit, you put similar features in a line. The odds are pretty good someone who is hitting the boxes would want to hit the boxes in a line, likewise with the rails. Again, this is how every other park works, it's not some radical idea. Just switch the up box and down bar and it's fine.

And Kyle, I snowboard.

Regardless of whether or not they're the ones I want to hit, you put similar features in a line. The odds are pretty good someone who is hitting the boxes would want to hit the boxes in a line, likewise with the rails. Again, this is how every other park works, it's not some radical idea. Just switch the up box and down bar and it's fine.

And Kyle, I snowboard.

i was jw. that candy cane is set up perfect for skiiers.