Whitefish today pic

sibhusky

Oddly, there was a skier in one of the pano shots that I used for this, but it was removed when I created the pano. I re-did it, skier still gone. I just looked at that pic, though, and the pano program clearly had an issue with the dude's form. I'm sort of wondering how the guy survived the slope, which is not really shown in this photo.

I was in a lesson and they were sort of torked about me stopping to take pictures, so I didn't take any more.

Edited by sibhusky

Pre-avy conditions on Haskill Slide. Due to the early, frigid dry powder we got, followed by wet, heavy snow then lots of sun, cracks have developed in Haskill Slide, which was closed today. Would not have wanted to be the guys setting up the netting.

70fcafe2_IMG_0272_stitchcopy.jpeg

30e75dd9_IMG_0277copy.jpeg

Sib does NOT ski it, it is steep with densely packed trees at the base. Lose it and you'll slam into a tree. Not me, Jack. It is NOT hike to terrain. It is inbounds and has multiple access possibilities. Siblet skis it, of course.

It was brutally cold today, 5 F with 20 MPH winds. Riding on Chair 1 was quite an experience. Butt flaps (I don't wear one, I have two pairs of pants on) help with that. There is one guy who wears one front and back and puts the front one up over his face on days like today.

No. There's no rush. 500 today, mostly paper tickets. I do have friends who start skiing chair six at 8:30, but they're nuts. Chair one doesn't open until 9:30 on a normal day. With these temps it's even later. I've managed to time it so it's just opening as I arrive. Chair 2 opens at 9, but I'm not all that fond of that part of the mountain. Lots of tourons, man-made snow as a base, always groomed, faces south and gets pretty wind blasted. Whenever my stamina is such that I'm running out of day before I run out of energy, I'll get there earlier.

You and the vast majority of skiers that were missing yesterday, praise the lord. Looking forward to another great day if they open the main lift. Not so great if it stays closed. :-(

Yep, I love it when it is really cold. Keeps crowds away. iI you dress properly it doesn't matter what the temp is.

• Like 1