Whitefish today pic

sibhusky

I'd skip next year, under my "alternating year theory". Wonderful year here this year, so clearly won't be as good next year.

Currently 129 inch base. More expected tonight. I wish we didn't have this grizzly issue. BUT, that being said, there is no one here this week, so I can see why the grizzlies offer a convenient excuse to close. If the only people on the hill are passholders brown bagging it, how do you pay salaries?

Because I've skied five days straight and staggered into the locker room yesterday barely able to walk. Dumped all day, no one there. Siblet had crotch deep and higher conditions in untracked areas like Area 51 and First Creek, I had knee deep in places normal mortals go. Part of me wanted to go, the other part of me said my body needs a recovery day.. Or two. Good sense won. Yesterday was supposed to be a short day and I got back a half hour after the last lift closed.

This is my eleventh season...what, are you keeping track for me? Creepy. This is not the best, but probably the second best. On the other hand, I can ski the deep stuff way better now, so maybe it is the best.

East Rim Face yesterday:

14e8c054_IMG_0574_stitchbcopy.jpeg

Siblet took this today. Her friend launched, did a 360 in the air, but the camera lagged and only took the pic after he'd landed. She had hardly any battery left, so gave up. Boo!post-68-0-77047200-1395443605_thumb.jpg

Edited by sibhusky

Non-professional type video of skiing Thursday (the day I skied). Most of it inbounds from what I recognized. Some might be in Mario World.

First Day of Spring:

Edited by sibhusky

When I'm at that other Motana resort I always see some one on a monoski....

We've got maybe three regulars here on them. They're a pain in the lift lines and seem to favor one run. The carving boards are much better represented, leaving trenches on every run it seems.