Whitefish today pic

sibhusky

Conditions are excellent, like mid January. Place is 100% open. Didn't ski a lot, will build slowly. But powder, no hard pack, no dirt, no grass, excellent dry quality conditions. Hell, it's been mostly zero and below, the best conditions for snow quality. Warming up a bit later in the week.

• Like 1

Some of those areas, I've skied the apron below the cliffs. Needless to say, old Sib doesn't jump off cliffs.

See the page on my site called Whitey's in my North Bowl section, also Evan's Heaven, and the Apron in Hellroaring Basin.

I have done none of the double blacks, not do I have plans to. In addition, I have never done Back Nine, Fault 3, Connie's Coulee, Teepee (no one calls it that, it's Area 51), Marmot. Some other single blacks I might not get to every year, but have done them. I hope to get in Connie's Coulee this year.

David Steele is a pro for ON3P. Zak is a friend on Facebook, a sometime co-worker with the Siblet, and one of her best buds. He is also one of the owners of Montana Ski Company, and his picture is on the sides of buildings in Seattle and buses in Minneapolis. Have heard of the third guy, but don't know a thing about him.

Edited by sibhusky

I think the average non-holiday day is 2000. I know I've got that stat somewhere.. http://wmr-guide.com/tips.html#SkierVisits

However, Presidents Week here is pretty bad as we are very popular with Canadians and they have a holiday week at the same time. Whereas you might expect crowds at Christmas, the impact to us of that February week is probably more than at other areas.

In case you're wondering, no, I don't stand around waiting for a person to get out of the picture.. But I do mostly ski midweek: Sun, Mon, Tues OR Wed, Thurs, Fri.

Edited by sibhusky

My mom died, so I missed a bunch of days. I'm pretty far behind where I normally am. Plus, stopped posting stats here a while ago. Today was day 16. But, it was like I had two "first weeks" this season as I had about ten days in when I had to leave for Denver. (Christmas was postponed this year). Then I was out for ten days, and it was like I hadn't skied AT ALL when I got back out there. Fortunately, have started gaining strength and finally did some off piste today. But, not really where I should be for this date.

Edited by sibhusky

No, what was dumb was him chasing a moose. He's lucky he's not dead. Then he glories his a-holeness by publishing it on Facebook. Double dumb. Beyond that, quadruple dumb. The Forest Service had to act. It's National Forest land and the video ended up on CNN.