Alpine Mountain to be Auctioned

Ride Delaware ?

http://m.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130725/NEWS/307250326&template=wapart

Looks like another small mountain is struggling. I think it's 500' vert with minimal steeps and average conditions catering mostly to families, but I could be wrong. I've heard about it mostly in passing, but never even made an attempt to figure out where it is. I'm sure somebody here has been there, but I can't imagine it's been recent.

Anybody got anything to say on the place?

I've skied there a few times. Used my WNEP card there last year and did a morning session. Nothing too hard but a few very short steeps at the bottom.

Everytime I've been there the conditions were good and crowds nonexistent. A great place for beginners and kids as an alternative to a very crowded Camelback beginners area and trails. I hope someone keeps it open.

Edited by trackbiker

I've skied there a few times. Used my WNEP card there last year and did a morning session. Nothing too hard but a few very short steeps at the bottom.

Everytime I've been there the conditions were good and crowds nonexistent. A great place for beginners and kids as an alternative to a very crowded Camelback beginners area and trails. I hope someone keeps it open.

I remember my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins going there probably 10 years ago on a weekend and saying it was decently crowded but fun, but honestly, it's surrounded by top tier Pocono mountains that advertise well, and unless something like this happens, I completely forget Alpine even exists...

It's nice to know they put up a quality product. I hope this doesn't go the way of Tanglwood...

The area needs a shit ton of work. Chairs are old, snowmaking system is old, bridge to get over the creek is old not to mention the right of way to Timber Trails. Yes it was the first area to let us ride, yes it's great for familys and begginers and yes it would make on kick ass park. Hope it stays open.

I could see from the pictures that the chairs were old. Looks like they need AT LEAST a coat of paint. The article was a little cryptic, but they made it sound like the resort was relatively solvent, if not profitable some years. It doesn't sound like it is a bankruptcy auction, they are just looking to sell it and get into something different. If that's the case, I see no reason as to why someone won't pick it up.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been able to find any online articles pertaining to the sale, but I had some random firsthand info today that I thought id pass along.

I had a meeting for work today, in Delaware, and the person I met with happens to volunteer at Alpine for the ski patrol. He told me that his ski patrol director contacted him recently to let him know that the mountain would open for the season. He said that an out of towner bought the mountain at the auction. Not much more info there, but it seems that he will continue to run it as a ski resort, so that's welcome news.

• Like 3

Thanks for the info RD. Just found this. Not much info on the owner or any plans for the place.

http://www.firsttracksonline.com/2013/09/29/future-looks-bright-for-alpine-mountain-following-auction/

Glad to see my source wasn't flawed. Always good to have corroborating evidence.

• 3 months later...

This is good news!

I wish the new owners much success.

I was there with my young kids a couple of years ago.

Great family atmosphere and BYOB Lodge.

kids were able to participate in races with medals awarded after in the lodge.

The kids still talk about how much fun they had at Alpine Mt. that day.