1/26/14 - Another spectacular day!

indiggio

Just returned from yet another spectacular day at Blue, wow!

Day started out at a balmy 10*, booting up to beautiful, clear blue sky, with light winds.

Luckily I had on enough layers for the temp!

Snow was just awesome, with a mix of fresh, cold powder, mixed with a set of new man-made and groomed to, well, almost perfection.

Heading to Nightmare to Dreamweaver on squeaky cold snow.

With the temperature and speed of the snow making for wicked fast run, the wind chill my face hurt so bad, it felt like it was on fire.

Took a early run down Paradise, which the snow truly was!

Headed over to Main Street for a speed run on it, and it truly was magnificent.

Excellent snow, and beautiful grooming made for a bunch of great runs.

Ended up lapping Barney's and Sleepy Hollow for the rest of the morning, as the sun rose over the mountain, it lit up the bumps perfectly.

On to about 10:00 or so, all of a sudden the clouds rolled in and there went the sun, flat light and temps began to rise a bit.

Took a few runs down Chute, but it wasn't too much fun, lots of ice and distance between bumps turned me off.

However, the entertainment of watching MANY renters trying their hand at it made for some interesting spectacles.

About 2:00pm rolled around and what have we here? Flakes flying yet again!!!

Nice squall set in and put down a paper thin coating of fresh.

Nothing to speak about, but it was rather pleasant to have two consecutive snow days at Blue!

Another couple of runs through the glades and Barney's, along with the side run of fresh on Main Street and called it a day.

One of the best weekends at Blue that I can remember.

Main st bumps were sweet but man there are some big walled mofos in there. Did chute once... Not my finest run ;-)

Nightmare bumps were awesome again but they are to short. Wish the would seed them down to dream weaver proper though.

Glade next to main st was fun too.

Awesome day, awesome weekend.

• Like 1

I think Sunday nights are crowded cause they have discounted passes.

As we were leaving, there seemed to be a lot of people coming in...

No wait compared to the high speeds and I was mostly running Switchback

With the 6-pack VIP line, the lap difference between the 6-pack and doubles is negligible.

Edited by indiggio

Indiggio since you put in long weekend sessions do you often session razors after the race team leaves the run late morning/early afternoon? That's my motivation to try to stay later is those razors laps.

Get the speed runs on Razors out of system early, typically before racers close it and the snow is hard/fast.

Eventually make way back to Razors after racers are done, depending on condition of bumps, Switchback, etc.

However, now that there are bumps on Nightmare, that run is a fun mix, quick bump run to a high-speed runout (nice lip about 50yds down from where Paradise connects).

Motivation to stay later? Skiing! 35 runs Saturday, just couldn't stop...

• Like 1

That would be clutch but they would probably run somebody over, those kids ski in hordes, like a ball of people right down the center of the trail.

I can remember standing at the top of Main Street waiting for the groomers to pass and Ski Patrol to give the go ahead.

There was always a mad rush down the freshly groomed cord.

The trick was trying to time it right, so you're up at the top just prior to them opening, but not so early that you're standing around for a long time.

Many times I was caught riding the lift, watching the mass ski down the just opened run.

• Like 1