Old Warren Miller films??

thedude4bides

Anyone know where to purchase the old ones from 60's, 70's, 80's?

I found this that had a 4 DVD package with one film from each decade.

http://www.vintageskiworld.com/DVD-Box-Set-Journey-Through-the-Decades-p/dvd-decades.htm

"This box set released in 2004 features titles from each Decade:

Journey (2003),

Endless Winter (1995),

Steep and Deep (1985),

and Ski A La Carte (1978).

Each film is a veritable time capsule showing the hottest ski filming of the time. Highly recommended."

I was able to download a free copy of the 1986 classic Beyond the Edge via WME because I went to see Ticket to Ride in the theater last fall. I want moar.

Edited by thedude4bides

Endless winter is one of my favorites.

Here is a free download of Ski time.

Amazon.com has everything.

Did you mean to post a link?

Btw- amazon does not have anything from earlier than '92 (that I could find) with the exception of the same 4 DVD pack that I posted in the OP.

I just searched for Ski Time. Found the link. Clicked it. Got a "File Expired" error. Anyone have it?

Also, i did find some old "used" VHS tapes on amazon that my initial search did not yield. A few reviews complained of "hard to see washed out picture" likely due to age.

This is what I do when I'm bored at work.

Balls.

Anyone know where to purchase the old ones from 60's, 70's, 80's?

I found this that had a 4 DVD package with one film from each decade.

http://www.vintageskiworld.com/DVD-Box-Set-Journey-Through-the-Decades-p/dvd-decades.htm

"This box set released in 2004 features titles from each Decade:

Journey (2003),

Endless Winter (1995),

Steep and Deep (1985),

and Ski A La Carte (1978).

Each film is a veritable time capsule showing the hottest ski filming of the time. Highly recommended."

I was able to download a free copy of the 1986 classic Beyond the Edge via WME because I went to see Ticket to Ride in the theater last fall. I want moar.

I have Steep and Deep on VHS somewhere around here.

Maybe go older, John Jay made some of the best skiing movies ever, Barrymore has maybe the first modern movies and Otto Lang pretty much invented the ski movie.

Interesting. I'll look those up for sure man. I'm looking for old in general and I'm also looking for old Warren Miller specific stuff. The way-before-corporate-got-to-him stuff. Stuff from the 60's would be dope.

I have Steep and Deep on VHS somewhere around here.

Nice. I do still have a VHS player laying around!

I don't smoke weed anymore. I don't smoke any less either.

This made me laugh:D

Interesting. I'll look those up for sure man. I'm looking for old in general and I'm also looking for old Warren Miller specific stuff. The way-before-corporate-got-to-him stuff. Stuff from the 60's would be dope.

Nice. I do still have a VHS player laying around!

This made me laugh:D

Don't give into the stupid jokes that he uses 5 times a day.

The troll has enough food - you've seen him, right?

• Like 1

Don't give into the stupid jokes that he uses 5 times a day.

The troll has enough food - you've seen him, right?

Given that GSS is one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I think you are flirting with him by posting that.

And unless you are finding me Warren Miller films in here you are trolling.

• Like 1

Given that GSS is one of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

I think you are flirting with him by posting that.

And unless you are finding me Warren Miller films in here you are trolling.

I'm king of troll.

Just for Doug, though.

• Like 1

There are a ton on eBay. Just search for "Warren Miller VHS".

According to this no films prior to 1978 are available.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Warren_Miller_films

I just ordered the Journey Through the Decades 4-disc set and Power of Snow Collection 4-disc set.

That should keep me happy until August.

Toast I can pretty much take off any day I want as it is. I haven't taken a vacation day since I was in Colorado in April.

On topic...when I was a newer skier I couldn't get enough of watching ski videos and reading ski magazines but now I don't really care. No need to buy any ski videos with YouTube and Vimeo..and ski forums are better than any ski magazines.

Up till now most of my ski video watching consists of recent downhill events and crash compilations put on the interwebz... And GSS taking an epic cornice at BM. Killer, right?

I didn't start skiing until I was 20/21 back in 2000. That's when shaped skis changed the game. Equipment and technique totally changed. I never experienced first hand what the old world was like. I recently saw a vid of a former olympic racer try old wood skis for fun and that got me interested in the development of modern equipment and technique. If you noticed in my posts, I am primarily interested in 50's, 60's, 70's films. Looks like the oldest WM film I can get is from 1978.

Edited by thedude4bides

Up till now most of my ski video watching consists of recent downhill events and crash compilations put on the interwebz... And GSS taking an epic cornice at BM. Killer, right?

I didn't start skiing until I was 20/21 back in 2000. That's when shaped skis changed the game. Equipment and technique totally changed. I never experienced first hand what the old world was like. I recently saw a vid of a former olympic racer try old wood skis for fun and that got me interested in the development of modern equipment and technique. If you noticed in my posts, I am primarily interested in 50's, 60's, 70's films. Looks like the oldest WM film I can get is from 1978.

There are some WW2 era training/equipment films that are pretty interesting - part of this collection for 20$ http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Ski-Films-None/dp/B002MD3UNM

I can't remember where I saw it, and Google has not helped, but there was a special on TV about the history of skiing which I though was pretty cool. Showed everything from caveman shit to now. Maybe PBS? Not sure. Anyway...

Interesting... yeah, I've read about some of the old caveman stuff and some of the history on how skis were used in military. Bad ass shit right there.

There are some WW2 era training/equipment films that are pretty interesting - part of this collection for 20$ http://www.amazon.com/Classic-Ski-Films-None/dp/B002MD3UNM

Damn, I wish I could have added this to my order yesterday. Good find. I'll have to bundle this with something else to get free shipping. Maybe Greg Stump classics.

10th Mountain Division was the shit!

When I was looking for my xcd set up I was googling a lot for for a deal on karhu 10th mtn skis and got intrigued by the items on ebay etc and have since read about and checked out a bunch of pictures, some films clips & whatnot - so badass!

10th Mountain Division was the shit!

When I was looking for my xcd set up I was googling a lot for for a deal on karhu 10th mtn skis and got intrigued by the items on ebay etc and have since read about and checked out a bunch of pictures, some films clips & whatnot - so badass!

xcd?

xcd?

Burlier click clacks, cross country downhill a ski inbetween a true click clack and a downhill ski. LIke a super super light rando ski.

The best part of that linked collection is Last of the Ski Bums with the legendary Ron Funk.

Go to 230....classic

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

Burlier click clacks, cross country downhill a ski inbetween a true click clack and a downhill ski. LIke a super super light rando ski.

The best part of that linked collection is Last of the Ski Bums with the legendary Ron Funk.

Go to 230....classic

Ron Funk. Trusty VW bus. Epic. Winning at life.

• Like 1