Anyone ride Killington yet?

burton71

Best place to check for up to date info is KillingtonZone.

Right now Killington is estimating being t2b tomorrow around mid day. It might be earlier or one of their patented "we recommend you ride the NRT back to the top and take the walkway, but if you want to risk it, you can ski to the bottom" lines.

I'll be there Monday and I fully expect t2b groomed terrain. I wouldn't hold out hope for groomed terrain tomorrow.

The other day I was feeling like a wimp cause the GSS of a couple years ago would have done opening at Killington. I believe I did opening at Killington 3-4 times in a row with atomic Jeff. One year Phillycore met us and one year -Dan and XNick hit up KMart. Top to bottom makes a huge difference. To take a gondola then have everybody at the Northridge triple creates a long liftline when KMart is the only game in town. Then to exit it means waiting in a long line then taking lift up walking up stairway to heaven and riding down gondola. Alot different than skiing back to your car. He carefull the bottom half of Killington when they first get open top to bottom is very conjested. A real mixing bowl of sorts. Kyle be sure to post up a report from Killington!!!

• Like 1

The last year we went to VT for opening weekend was the first Killington had the "stairway to heaven".  That ruined it for us.  I think the best VT opening day we did was Mount Snow. They had the better top to bottom terrain compared to Killington's typical opening t2b run.

Yup that was in 2007...I remember a giant suite in Bennington and that run at Mount Snow was a serious leg burner for opening day. I think about 1700 vert.

Snow was pretty good and crowds were pretty light from open until around 11:30 or so when it started to get packed.  Fun little park setup but with all the people hiking it got annoying by mid day to lap through there.  Took a break from around 12:30 - 2:30 for a liquid lunch and then headed back out for a few runs to finish the day on Sat.  Then did a quick open to 11 session on Sunday before heading back.  Definitely worth the drive to get on the snow.  Legs felt great and got my new setups dialed in.  Looks like they will be getting more terrain open in the next few days / week.  I would recommend it if you can't wait for local spots to open.

• Like 3

Snow was pretty good and crowds were pretty light from open until around 11:30 or so when it started to get packed.  Fun little park setup but with all the people hiking it got annoying by mid day to lap through there.  Took a break from around 12:30 - 2:30 for a liquid lunch and then headed back out for a few runs to finish the day on Sat.  Then did a quick open to 11 session on Sunday before heading back.  Definitely worth the drive to get on the snow.  Legs felt great and got my new setups dialed in.  Looks like they will be getting more terrain open in the next few days / week.  I would recommend it if you can't wait for local spots to open.

Sick bird ! Way to get after it dude.