12/21/14...gun show...Sunday

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:30am fueled by a sausage biscuit meal from McDonald's with hash brown and apple juice. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed as I didn't go out last night. In the house were Atomic Jeff, J Law, J laws brother, VTMark, Tp4, Toast, MBikeMike, Ryan, Ryan's snowboard buddy, AngryHugo, Matt Edge and the real KevinThomas. First run was on paradise and is was machine groomed frozen granular not bad last section was under the guns but that needs snow.

Lazy mile was the run of the day. Silky sticky manmade pow and the fall was 3 second in paradise followers by 15 seconds of homestretch fuckery. Main Street I only skied once was alright but lazy was better. I guess it turned into another day I spend more time in the lot than skiing but whatever some beers were had and definitely alot of laughter and good times with temperatures around the freezing mark under cloudy sky's although now in Whitehall the sun is out. All in all it was a pretty fun day at blue mountain the true mountain and the semi cold weekend weather should set them up for an ok holiday week despite the forecasted rain and warmth...

Pretty fun day in kind of odd conditions.  Today I learned rubbing Hubba Bubba into your skis is not a great alternative to wax.  The first few runs were a bit suspect, but once all the goop wore off, I could actually keep up with everyone.  

We caught up to MBikeMike in the lift line.  I tapped him and called his name, but he saw my overpriced Patagonia jacket and thought I was his son.  Gentlemen, remember your moisturizer.  Some day,  a 50-year-old man will confuse you with a teenager.

It was nice to finally meet TP4 and VTMark.  Since GSS is still rude, I introduced myself this time.  Great hanging out with you guys.  Same with Johnny Law and mini Johnny Law.

Tomorrow is a certain PASR's birthday, so depending on the weather, I may be up for an afternoon session.

PS.  I'm better than you.

• Like 3

So, if you didn't hang around until, oh say, 2:15ish, you missed the excitement under the 6-pack.

Tarpon and I were riding up and the 6 and it stopped near the top for an extended period of time.

On the chair with us was some neo-snowboarder who was making cracks about my old-school Full Tilt boots, that he said were something his Mom was skiing way back in the day.

Regardless, we were stopped for more than the usual "somebody fell" time. The snowboarder seemed to be getting worried as he kept asking us why it stopped and we kept up the farce about having to get lift-evaced by ski patrol.

Eventually it started again and Tarpon and I skied down to the 6, only to find it stopped yet again.

Tarpon asked the gate lady, but she didn't know anything.

We got up to get on the chair and Tarpon asked the attendant who replied that "Someone fell off the chair up above"!!!

Sure enough, a little above the SP cross-under, there was a gaggle of SP tending to someone lying on the ground.

They had a neck brace, blanket and face mask ventilator on the guy, who looked pretty out of it.

At that point, we estimated the fall to be between 15-20'.

No reason not to put down the bar...

The seats on the six pack are too slippery not to use a bar. On the Main Street lift its not as large of a concern but they can still stop quick. Probably the worst way to die would be falling off a list at Blue mountain. It doesn't carry the street free of being killed by the Latin Kings or being eaten alive by a shark.

• Like 1

Looks like the snowmaking cannons have been blasting all night with temperatures in the 20s. I honestly think and hope that they blew more snow over the weekend then will melt from the midweek thaw. I hope they sell alot of tubing tickets over XMAS week so they can buy alot of Koi for their new fishing pond. Maybe even build a few more tents!!!

Hey all,

I'm back from a fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:30am fueled by a sausage biscuit meal from McDonald's with hash brown and apple juice. I was bright eyed and bushy tailed as I didn't go out last night. In the house were Atomic Jeff, J Law, J laws brother, VTMark, Tp4, Toast, MBikeMike, Ryan, Ryan's snowboard buddy, AngryHugo, Matt Edge and the real KevinThomas. First run was on paradise and is was machine groomed frozen granular not bad last section was under the guns but that needs snow.

Lazy mile was the run of the day. Silky sticky manmade pow and the fall was 3 second in paradise followers by 15 seconds of homestretch fuckery. Main Street I only skied once was alright but lazy was better. I guess it turned into another day I spend more time in the lot than skiing but whatever some beers were had and definitely alot of laughter and good times with temperatures around the freezing mark under cloudy sky's although now in Whitehall the sun is out. All in all it was a pretty fun day at blue mountain the true mountain and the semi cold weekend weather should set them up for an ok holiday week despite the forecasted rain and warmth...

Sausage Biscuit meal is an interesting choice,  Personally I would have went with 1 McMuffin and 1 Sausage biscuit... I COULD NEVER CHOOSE BETWEEN THOSE TWO WAAHAAAAA

NO YA DINK!! 2 sandwiches a hash brown and a large coffee, if im really hungry I would throw in a sausage burrito as well and I might get an oj with my coffee its nice to have both

I only drink fresh squeezed OJ so Mickey D's OJ doesn't make the grade but their apple juice is very good. I also only drink Starbucks or diner coffee so not slumming it with Mickey D's. You gotta step up your hash brown game son. One hash brown per sangwich minumum