JF Saturday 1/10 - very cold

C1erArt

Got there early and hit the slopes right at 8.  -1 degrees but sunny, skied until 11 when it had warmed up to 6 degrees. Splurged for slope-side parking because I wanted  to switch skis sometime during the day. Wind was blowing down the hill which was nice.  Did a couple runs on Challenge as the race teams slalom gates were being set up and on TBolt before heading over to East Mountain.  Floyds and Rivershot were in great shape.  The grooming on Rivershot provided more interest than usual - the left side was a little mounded, rather than the uniform drop off they usually have.  East Mountain never really crowded up - a little too cold for the rentals to come over.  Saw JFskiDan over on east.  A lot of good boarders there too.

Tried out my GS skis, but switched back to my Elans - they are almost as fast and a lot more flexible and fun.  Probably retire them for good.  Not too many people in Challenge glade (still a little thin) or on the elevator.

They have Exhibition full width, but still haven't filled in the left of the towers on T-Bolt - hope they do, because it is nice if TBolt gets crowded with slower skiers - they usually don't like it over that side.

Was also out yesterday early before the WMMR crowd hit.  E Mtn got crowded an hour after opening, and Floyds seemed a little uneven on the right side - got my teeth rocked on one run.

• Like 2

Got there early and hit the slopes right at 8.  -1 degrees but sunny, skied until 11 when it had warmed up to 6 degrees. Splurged for slope-side parking because I wanted  to switch skis sometime during the day. Wind was blowing down the hill which was nice.  Did a couple runs on Challenge as the race teams slalom gates were being set up and on TBolt before heading over to East Mountain.  Floyds and Rivershot were in great shape.  The grooming on Rivershot provided more interest than usual - the left side was a little mounded, rather than the uniform drop off they usually have.  East Mountain never really crowded up - a little too cold for the rentals to come over.  Saw JFskiDan over on east.  A lot of good boarders there too.

you are a better man than i am.  i really wanted to tough it out a little longer than i did, but it was just to cold for me, i lasted all of an hour.  i had a home project to attend to, so skiing wasnt really my first priority today.  

What's the elevator looking like?

Coverage is better.  you can make a few turns on the right side with some soft-ish snow, but once you cross over the baller route its really, really firm snow.  there is still some exposed thorny ground cover that would definitely mess up Angry Hugos high priced pants, or anybodys for that matter. 

Today sucked major for me....

Got there at 7:45, booted up, sign in for the day, head to grab my skis and....wtf some douchebag moved them on the rack. Ok no problem...where are my poles though?, ah must be with my other skis....umm nope but here are the identical poles as mine but 4 cm too long. Ok well I guess some really tall dude took mine by accident right.....so I head out and try to ski with these 54cm monstrosity poles.....yeah not happening. Head back to search some more after 9am check in. Sweet, someone left them by the door....grab poles meet up with Dan... Start down the hill...wait wtf these aren't mine either. Look at the pole...46cm.....4 cm shorter than mine but same identical poles. Ok this blows. Feeling like I just did the same thing to someone else that was done to me I decide to skate back to the locker room and return them. I get there and put them back along with the 54cm poles but now it's time to head over to teach for a few hours. I skate over to the other side of the mountain now and grab some from the rental area. Now I get assigned my station and let's just say that I wish I could have just handed out tubing tickets to two of them because there was no way in hell they were making it down the hill today unassisted. I then turned in the borrowed poles and skated all the way back to the other side to the locker room it was after 2 and basically I said screw this I'm blowing off training and heading home. I just had enough. I get changed, grab my bag and head to the car. Of course the fast key acts up on me and the fucker won't allow me to start it. Must've froze or something. I lock up the car after reading the owners manual for a bit and start to walk back to the lodge. Than I decided to turn around and try it again before I called roadside assistance....and for whatever reason it started right up without any issues so I'm not really sure wtf happened other than someone thought I needed more shit added to my plate today. I'm home now after a pretty uneventful drive so I'm grabbing a few beers and calling it a day