2/14...good early runs...customer service expert..cold.. Snowing.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:31AM and it was a chilly 6 degrees under cloudy sky's with a few flakes flying. Atomic Jeff arrived seconds before me and I was followed by Johnny Law and Toast. MBike Mike, ZZSlope, Indiggio and the liftee who wears grateful dead shirts was also in the house.

East first civilian six pack and a sweet first run on razors edge to razorback. Very nice firmish cord..and toast got major air off the last headwall. Then second run on challenge ROTD run of the day was so good..boom I didn't even realize my face was half frozen at the bottom. Nightmare to Dreamweaver was pretty good minus a few spots of Boilerplate at the corners. Main Street was amazing I skied it two or three times and the bumps are not as wide so the top is superb. Woo..switchback was alright minus the free riders or smart styles snowboard camp. Lazy mile was mad good and the falls launched me hella far. Boom I felt like my fifth favorite R Kelly song I believe I can fly.

In the lot had a few hop ranches and MBike had some maple whiskey which I had a heady swig of and it was good. The drive home the snow fell faster and by later tonight the roads are gonna be slicker than snot. I might be out tomorrow morning. Might need a sugar free redbull on the drive up. Ski you later.

Blue's groomers were spot on this morning, especially challenge. Glades were fun, watch for rocks in the one by lazy. The bumps on nightmare and barney's were freshly seeded so they were a little sketchy at first but they improved quickly. By 11:30am some trails got a little skied off but not bad.

More people on switchback today than I think I have ever seen so I guess that secret is out. Switchback was my last run at 11:30 and there were so many people it looked like lazy mile typically does, had a lot of fun weaving around the other skiers as most were going slow.

The valley lodge is a busy place now that all the lessons are down there. The lift attendants need to do the organize the lift lines thing earlier on weekends.

Wow, yesterday was definitely in the top 10 days at Blue this year so far.

Started out a bit cold which hit you at the top of the 6 where a bit of wind kicked up.

Then the snow started falling which kept going throughout the day and made for some excellent conditions.

Rumor had it that Barney's wasn't set by Danny, so spacing wasn't exactly on point, but not that bad either, just a bit more sliding into the bumps.

Nightmare bumps were about the same, but the spacing at the end got tighter, which would have been nice if the entire run had that spacing.

Chute bumps were meh. Unfortunately with nobody skiing them, they weren't broken down and contained a few big chunks.

Hit Razors later in the day and found it very slow and skiable with all the new fallen snow.

Going full out, I could barely manage any air off the rollers or the lower headwall.

Witnessed a wicked collision between two skiers on the upper headwall which brought in a gaggle of ski patrollers.

It just boggles my mind how two people can attempt to simultaneously obtain the same space in time with an infinite amount of space around them???

Ended up bugging out around 4:30 with conditions still improving.

Unfortunately today probably won't be anywhere near the same...

• Like 1