Bunny Hill

NMSKI

I only bring my kid to blue once a year or so but the area near the summit lodge is either 1 person who got lost or 1000000 people in a flying V formation, one goes down and 10000 more go down like dominoes. Scary, but your fuck trophy is a boy so they generally don't care at all.....

• Like 1

Could be snow Saturday looks like forecast high temperature is in the upper 30s so any downward trend and we're good. Nobody has answered NMskis question yet and I don't know the answer. I don't know if school hill is easier than valley school west. They got rid of the ski wee area with the lodge expansion. Most new skiers and riders can probably handle easy out and vista.

Where's the easiest beginner area at Blue? Is it the spot with the magic carpet at the bottom, or up by the summit lodge? Thinking about taking my son out on Saturday.

The area by the lower lodge is a better spot for starting out they have a little lift there runs pretty slow, that is where they do lessons now. Had a friends son take lessons there a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty mellow

If he's skied Taos, Paradise should be a cake-walk, especially for a boy.

Haha I'm sure he was just on the bunny hill there lol.

Just keep him away from Doug

I don't like kids...cause you aren't even allowed to touch them ;-)

If paradise is too steep Burma is a good run,

Burma is the worst learning run...

Haha I'm sure he was just on the bunny hill there lol.

I don't like kids...cause you aren't even allowed to touch them ;-)

Burma is the worst learning run...

Burma is great, you learn quickly how to avoid all the fallen skiers and riders sitting in the middle of the run just around the bend

• Like 2

Guess you don't talk to many new riders/skiers. 

Seriously Burma is fine, and much easier than easy out down to lift.  it's usually less icy and there is more room. The toughest part is going around the bends, but much easier than paradise.  most of my friends kids spent their first day (after their 1st lesson)running Burma, then following up with lazy mile.

They even added a beginner terrain park to the right. To make it more enjoyable

Edited by larrytbull
  • Like 1

School hill (or whatever its called) at the summit lodge has a rope tow unless they changed it. If your son is really young it might be best to go to the valley where they have the magic carpet or that little triple chair. Burma in my opinion isn't the ideal place to learn, especially on a crowded weekend.

Isn't there a carpet to the left of the quad as well?

Yes, but that's explorers and I don't believe they let anyone but those taking lessons into the area for security reasons.

If you're not taking a lesson or you're an adult, they send you over to the school hill behind the ski patrol shack.

Burma is typically one of the icier runs at Blue and most crowded not a good place for a five year old to learn.

It's a skinny run, so you're constantly avoiding ice patches as well as other beginners.

Burma used to have a pretty steep drop before they rerouted it to what it is now. 

I believe It used to go through what is now the terrain park.

It was quite an experience for beginner skiers, including myself eons ago...

• Like 1