How much did you spend in the 14-15 ski season??

About $1100 for 20 days of skiing for myself and 11 days of skiing for one kid and 10 days of skiing for another kid including 4 lessons, new poles, ski pants, boot bag, seasonal rentals for 2, and ski club membership.

That comes out to about 45% lift tix, 24% gear and 24% gas and 6% lessons.

Figure that is about $25 per person per ski day and about $2.50 per person per run (considering the boot bag and pants could be amortized over multiple seasons - poles were a this year expense as I lost my poles in a ski  parking lot and needed to replace them)

Feel pretty good about that deal :-)

Corrections, and adding one more day skied for three, the total is actually $1165 for 21 days of skiing for myself, 10 days for 1 kid and 9 for the other, making it (without amortization) about $29 per person per ski day and still $2.50 per person per run.

If you look at lift ticket only expense, I spent $13.70 per person per ski day and $1.22 per person per run.

50/50 chance I will hit somewhere in VT on May 10, in which case I will recalculate.

Kids are done though - returned their seasonal rentals Sunday.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

Why 50/50 on Vermont??? It's gonna be only Killington may 10th if you like bumps you'll have a blast.

I have a hotel room 3 hours south of Killington for a work thing Monday, so going there would only add about 6 hours of driving which is not  too crazy. Gonna see what they have open and what conditions are. I'll do some bumps but I'm not an expert in them, more someone who makes it through them without a lot of grace, so I won't ski them all day.

Right on its funny how divorced people with kids refer to their ex wife as their kids mom...or baby mama for ghetto people.

Only when I'm talking about her in the context of the kids, otherwise it's usually "my ex"

• 2 weeks later...