How much did you spend in the 14-15 ski season??

I know i owe to4 some gas abd sfrb money...

Nah you two are buddies...if that was the case Atomic Jeff would owe me money for the snacks I bought in Jackson Hole that he helped me eat.

To be honest I don't wanna know, what tp4 doesn't know won't hurt him

Why wouldn't you wanna know?? You love snowboarding so spending money on it is a good thing.

About $1100 for 20 days of skiing for myself and 11 days of skiing for one kid and 10 days of skiing for another kid including 4 lessons, new poles, ski pants, boot bag, seasonal rentals for 2, and ski club membership.

That comes out to about 45% lift tix, 24% gear and 24% gas and 6% lessons.

Figure that is about $25 per person per ski day and about $2.50 per person per run (considering the boot bag and pants could be amortized over multiple seasons - poles were a this year expense as I lost my poles in a ski  parking lot and needed to replace them)

Feel pretty good about that deal :-)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

My approximate figure is $6,000 for Blue mountain season pass, new ski boots, Jackson Hole trip and Colorado trip. I actually spent more last year because I had the same season pass and ski trips but last year bought my Shiros, Jeff's old mantras, poles, ski bag and my jacket so was closer to $7,000.

A freaking bargain based on the amount of enjoyment I get out of skiing.

No gas cost since my company pays for my gas but for the 41 visits to

blue prob about $200 in gas. I prob spent about that much in beer as well. I did make it through the entire ski season without buying one item of food from Blue mountain.

You wanna talk amortization??? I've had two pairs of ski pants for 10 seasons total...first one was like $100 and second pair which are the same but were $70 so that's $170 on ski pants in ten seasons so $17 per season or pennies per day. I think I might actually get new ski pants next season although I've said that the last three.

Season pass - $515

2 Mbike passes that didnt get used quite to their potential - $228

Ski pants from steep and cheap - $66

New skis $280

Bindings  Xmas gift

Mount, $75

Googles - $75

Poles - $45

Flight to/from Colorado - $22

Parking $50

Car rental, gas and 1 dinner - $173

3 day lift and lodge at steamboat - $439

Buddy pass from Barb for Winter Park - $69

lodging at Winter park - Cheap.

Food, beverage and stupid souvenirs ~ $250 (probably high)

Hanging out with the other derelicts at Blue - Priceless

Probably the cheapest western trip i have ever pulled off for 4 days.  i have resigned to the fact that i will purchase at least 1 pair of skis each year, for no other reason than, they look cool.  even if i dont need them.   Sometimes i just cant keep the little mouse pointer from moving towards and clicking on the "buy" button.  

Very cheap year for me.  i would have liked to do something late season, but i just couldnt get it together, and late march/april gets tough for me.  

• Like 1

JFSkiDan...MBike passes don't count. Can I count the cost of golf clubs??? $22 airfare wow...and $50 parking is cheap as well. Not bad.

Oh my bad I thought you meant mountain bike passes...not MBike mike...SMH shaking my Herman. My bad.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 trips to VT (13 days total), 3 day trips to NY, 1 CB, 2 to Elk, 5 days in Breck, 33 days at Blue, and 53 at BC cost me about $4k. That includes food/gas/lodging/airfare/medical bills/and my 15-16 season pass at blue. I made $1.5k teaching so that eases the pain a bit.

Plus another grand on gear...

I love sfrb and cigs and I sure as hell don't wanna know how much $ I've dropped on them over the years...

Seeing that $6000 figure you posted made me cringe

If you saw the figure I spend per year on bars and restaurants it would really make you cringe. I prob drop $1500-$2000 a year just on karaoke night. I love spending money though!!!!

4 trips to VT (13 days total), 3 day trips to NY, 1 CB, 2 to Elk, 5 days in Breck, 33 days at Blue, and 53 at BC cost me about $4k. That includes food/gas/lodging/airfare/medical bills/and my 15-16 season pass at blue. I made $1.5k teaching so that eases the pain a bit.Plus another grand on gear...

You should keep track of stats on PASR...medical bills???

if I added up the money I spend at wawa each year I would probably jump into oncoming traffic

You make money and you spend it. You prob drop a couple grand a year on cigs and another couple grand a year on food at WaWa. If you really wanted to save alot of money knowing where all your money goes is important. I spend $11,000 a year just on rent so if I live another 30 years with inflation that's like a half million just on rent in my lyfe. Better than wasting my time with home ownership SMHerman. My main goal now is to be a little healthier so I can outlive my parents. Will be alot of fun spending all their money lol. Nah just kidding I'd rather have my parents but hookers and blow will definitely ease the pain lol

I wish I was only $50 per week lol

Stop smoking blunts...and the $50 was low low conservative figure including back when I was in college.

^ I know. I was considering not buying my kids passes for next season since they only seem to go a handful of days. But then I added it up and they offer a teen pass for $379. They do not offer teen discounts at the window, $120 adult price. So its paid for in 4 visits. Pretty sweet deal.

5k or so for CO, another 2k for killy/ny probably another grand for blue 2k on random gear .....it's only money it will be of zero use to me when I'm dead.

You're in law so you might know. Is it common for really old people to run up alot of credit card debt right before they die??? I figure if you don't have spouse or kids the credit card company has to eat it. I always thought if I was given like 6 months to live I'd do that. My dad has a book how to die broke but he's to cheap for that to happen. He looks over his bill at Outback Steakhouse like its a tax audit.

• Like 1

You're in law so you might know. Is it common for really old people to run up alot of credit card debt right before they die??? I figure if you don't have spouse or kids the credit card company has to eat it. I always thought if I was given like 6 months to live I'd do that. My dad has a book how to die broke but he's to cheap for that to happen. He looks over his bill at Outback Steakhouse like its a tax audit.

Depends....which is always the answer when it comes to the law.  lol

Creditors have up to about 6 months to make a claim against the estate. If the estate has it the money comes out before anyone gets anything if not is usually dies with them but not always. Also the executor can sell assets to pay creditors, credit cards are low priority though pretty much everyone else comes first so they generally will try to negotiate for a %. Obviously debt collectors will tell you velociraptors will come to your house and eat all your children if you don't pay but fuck them they are liars.

FTC in like 2011 IIRC made changes to debt collectors and Congress passed a big CC bill in 09 or 10 that essentially said the majority of the work is on the creditor and that they have to be quick about it.

The key is to have the account only tied to the person that is dieing, an authorized user ain't the same thing I'm talking cosigner joint account holder deal.

Didn't buy any new skis.  Bought new pants($150), season pass ($500), my aspen classic pass ($370) that I ended up not using, Jackson Hole ($2000), and because of lower gas prices, probably ~$450 in gas, new poles, random shit...so between $3500 and $4000.  Definitely a cheap season for me.