Netflix, hulu, Amazon Prime istant

VTmark

Not exactly...

This does have apps on it and the Google play store but you wouldn't go about it that way...

Think of Kodi as an app itself...

You go into kodi than go to movies, or tv shows, whatever and search...

Type in what you want just like a search in Netflix and boom the list comes up. You than pick from that list. The show, movie whatever is what you search for not HBO..... I can take pics to show you better if you'd like or watch a video about how kodi works on YouTube

Ok, so the association between zoomtak and Droidstreamtv has me confused. Droidstream just sells the zoomtak box?

Yes... The droidstreamtv sells the zoomtak box itself along with it comes the customer service end of things along with the easy way of updating which is a lot less involved than doing it yourself. No unzipping files, no putting in addtesses, etc etc... Droidstreamtv is one guy named John....(Not me)

He does all the work on a regular basis and uploads it to a server. You go in from time to time, or follow his Facebook page/YouTube channel and he posts when something new is up. You go in through the media management app that he programmed onto the zoomtak box...clear it and add the new one.....when it says ok you're done....no other bs involved.

He has videos on there that walk you through everything from the beginning....but it's pretty straight forward once you've done it. If you have questions he answers you right away, etc. It's the service that you're getting that's different....it's not just buying a box and...ok dude you're on your own....than a week later you're trying to figure out how this shit all works and hoping you don't brick your shit. Trust me, I've fucked around installing android from nand on cell phones years ago using step by step instructions and nervous as fuck that I was going to brick my phone the whole time. One little mistake sometimes and you're screwed. (Luckily it never happened to me personally) Things are a lot easier now than they used to be, but for the little bit extra to not have that worry, and to have advice on tap is surely worth it in the end for me. Plus I'm lazy and would rather be using the box than programming it all the time.

I'm sure there's cheaper alternatives, maybe better....but my shit works and I'm more than happy with it.

Pictures explain better...

Turn it on

post-1572-14422698146874_thumb.jpg

Check to see if it's up to date (this is the droidstreamtv part....)

post-1572-14422698453333_thumb.jpg

Enter Kodi

post-1572-14422698725032_thumb.jpg

Go to movies

post-1572-14422698934319_thumb.jpg

Select category

post-1572-14422699137525_thumb.jpg

Select movie

post-1572-14422699337466_thumb.jpg

Select stream

post-1572-14422699694766_thumb.jpg

Watch movie. (Foreign subtitles hd example)

post-1572-14422699849765_thumb.jpg

Steve Jobs movie.....

post-1572-14422700409857_thumb.jpg

Paused.....title

post-1572-1442270169715_thumb.jpg

Going to watch movie before Eagles game..

Trust me....it's worth it

[emoji106]

Edited by phillycore

so this one guy pays for subscriptions to netflix hulu amazon whatever and sells a box to consumers that streams his consolidated service of all those providers?

Nope.....not even close

Both of those movies are still in the theatres......not available on Netflix, hulu, or Amazon...... But you can get it on Kodi. Lol

Wtf Eagles though seriously? Time to start playing here....

Edited by phillycore

That sounds...grey

Agreed....sounds too good to be true, and I waited about a year after first hearing about it just to be on the safe side.

I don't know how it is, but everything I've read, seen, and heard says it's legal because you aren't downloading anything. Loophole? Maybe, I have no idea. I sure as hell wouldn't be hooking up any recording device to it, not that there's really any need to....nor would I know how to.

*shamless plug*  I use Xfinity X1 Cloud.  Mostly on my MAC, while at work but sometimes on my iPad.  I have X1 boxes on both TV's. *end shameless plug*

I like Amazon Prime a lot.  I also watch a lot of YouTube videos on my Apple TV.  I just got a Chromecast, but haven't used it yet.  I'm probably going to get another AppleTV.  Next TV I get will be a smart TV.

You can use kodi on an old PC if you wanted......the android tv boxes just make it simpler.... It's third-party p2p streaming

grooveshark. Same exact concept but for audio, and they got sued into oblivion. Unless Kodi is an open platform with open source code that anyone can download and compile themselves (it might be, I dunno?), I'd say it's days are numbered once it reaches widespread adoption.

• 1 month later...

I ordered a box and John gave me a free upgrade of 16 gigs, I'm really curious to see how this thing works. I'm debating whether I want to wade thru the spaghetti wires and try to hook up the receiver and surround sound to the new TV, but I'm electronically challenged with the multitude of hookups and connectors. This shit used to be easy in the analog days. Might be easier to get some kind of wireless set up and haul the old components to the other house.

• Like 1