East Coast Road Trips

NMSKI

I was checking that place out and it did look awesome, but as cool as it seems I know I'm going to want more privacy than it offers probably. Think I'm going to go with the Montpelier econo lodge. Should be a hilarious shithole, but the $ is right

Yeah I used to stay in Econolodges but then I got a job!!!

Hideaway Inn has nice rooms and I recall it was pretty reasonable. Good food and bar scene, close to MRG and the Bush, Stowe is a 1/2 hour ride north. The Slidebrook is another option with renovations in the past 5 years, rooms are smaller, but location is the same. can't recall what the bathroom situation is, whether you have a private bath or share. Never slept inside, but the owner is a stoner and let me car camp in the lot several times. Good bar, but they had some kitchen issues the last time I was there. I think it was a function of staffing, not the food. As I recall, I think the only thing they were serving at that time was a burger, lol. But that was at least 5 years ago.

• Like 1

Montpelier if you've never been ain't like any other state capital I've ever been to, makes Dover look like Vegas. There is a cooking school there that has a crazy good brunch and at least to have a real pervy Elvis impersonator.

What hills you checking out ?

EDIT:  for you I almost forgot three penny taproom normally has a couple of hill farmstead beers on tap.

Edited by Johnny Law
  • Like 2

Hideaway Inn has nice rooms and I recall it was pretty reasonable. Good food and bar scene, close to MRG and the Bush, Stowe is a 1/2 hour ride north. The Slidebrook is another option with renovations in the past 5 years, rooms are smaller, but location is the same. can't recall what the bathroom situation is, whether you have a private bath or share. Never slept inside, but the owner is a stoner and let me car camp in the lot several times. Good bar, but they had some kitchen issues the last time I was there. I think it was a function of staffing, not the food. As I recall, I think the only thing they were serving at that time was a burger, lol. But that was at least 5 years ago.

Both those places look awesome, but nothing available.  That's what I get for waiting till the last minute.

Montpelier if you've never been ain't like any other state capital I've ever been to, makes Dover look like Vegas. There is a cooking school there that has a crazy good brunch and at least to have a real pervy Elvis impersonator.

What hills you checking out ?

EDIT:  for you I almost forgot three penny taproom normally has a couple of hill farmstead beers on tap.

I'll skip the pervy Elvis I think.  Definitely doing one day at MRG and one day at Stowe. Maybe a half, or one more day at either of those or Sugarbush. 

Looks like three penny is a 12 minute stumble from the econo lodge!  Wahaahooey!