Jack Frost 100% Open

weedreimer

I was standing around at JF with some employees the other morning. We heard a loud truck and one of the guys said that's the social media guy, you can hear him coming from a mile away.

Yea haha that sounds about right, it's not exactly inconspicuous.

Props on the new web site and on being the only place in the Poconos 100% open for the holiday weekend. Thinking I may head there Sunday as the holiday weekend lines are often less bad than at other places. How is coverage in the trees looking?

Props on the new web site and on being the only place in the Poconos 100% open for the holiday weekend. Thinking I may head there Sunday as the holiday weekend lines are often less bad than at other places. How is coverage in the trees looking?

One thing I have never got about the JF trail map is it looks like there are 4 trails down the lower part of East Mt. and I only ever see 2. What's the deal with that?

One thing I have never got about the JF trail map is it looks like there are 4 trails down the lower part of East Mt. and I only ever see 2. What's the deal with that?

On the trail map it's places where Risk It, Elevator, and various other double black glades were marked. They're still there but it's best not to mark them as there are cliffs that need a decent amount to hit. Coverage in trees on East is thin, best bet is off of Challenge there's coverage and along with some off of Thunderbolt. 

• Like 3

Weed.... You're definitely the best Social Media guy they've had..... Thanks for the updates keep em coming

Thanks, it's trying at times but I love doing it. Will be mainly focused at Boulder the next day or so for TransAM. Calling for some snow showers Sunday so it'll be back to East on Sunday and Monday. 

Truth.  JFBB has really been lacking in that area for a few years now.  

It's a task at times between two mountains being one person during busy or even times but I love it, such a diverse range between the resorts. Glad you guys enjoy the updates, easily the best and most core group to get feedback and chat with. 

Nice day, a bit icy in spots, though it got a bit better with late day snow putting a fresh dusting on top. Everything was open but trees had too thin cover to be worth skiing. Run of the day was Floyds. Got a free "clinic" as part of Subaru winterfest, but bailed part way through to go back to East side. No lines on the expert lifts at all so it was a good call for the holiday weekend.

• Like 1

Nice day, a bit icy in spots, though it got a bit better with late day snow putting a fresh dusting on top. Everything was open but trees had too thin cover to be worth skiing. Run of the day was Floyds. Got a free "clinic" as part of Subaru winterfest, but bailed part way through to go back to East side. No lines on the expert lifts at all so it was a good call for the holiday weekend.

What did you learn in the clinic???

What did you learn in the clinic???

Use of knees and ankles and arches and stance. He was asking us to copy his form while doing turns on blue and green terrain and then making a couple comments after we each tried. I had heard most of it before though still don't do it all with correct form. But after an hour of it I was not getting that much out of it. Though it had gotten better once group had shrunk from 10 to 5 through attrition, it was not that much better and I decided to let it shrink to 4 (still including the buddy I came with) and go get a few more runs on Floyds and RS.

• Like 1