3/9/16...real time report!!!

no, that was many moons ago lol. i would love to get into adult slow pitch softball again. unfortuantely my youth sports career came to an end when everybody hit puberty and i didnt lol. i went from making the all star team each year to not making the team at all, all in like a 1 year span lol

I was asking because we might be looking for some guys this year. On the bright side at least you don't have to groom down there.

Who do you play for and what league? Blue Mountain League?

I played Tri-County before it merged with MSBL. Similar to BML in terms of schedule and level of competitiveness. BML and Trico would play eachother in the all-star game every year at Limeport. Now I'm just in MSBL because the weekday games are too much.

How is that possible? Glacial base?

Yeah hard base and very deep, lots of bouncing going on.  Good workout.

There was some guy there lapping Challenge bumps all night long, top to bottom.

Bottom of Challenge were the best, could get into a good rhythm.

Snow overall was very fast instead of the usual suction slowing you down.

Maybe JLaw can explain it???

Edited by indiggio

Yeah hard base and very deep, lots of bouncing going on. Good workout.

That guy skied by Mike and I on challenge. I think I split it into 4 sections. For the life of me I can remember to breathe...

Skiing the tops was much nicer than skiing the troughs.

• Like 1

How is that possible? Glacial base?

Yup exactly the base is pretty solid from all the rain and freezes. Snow was faster yesterday on home stretch then some 40 degree days when it's sticky sugar.

Yeah hard base and very deep, lots of bouncing going on. Good workout.

I liked top of challenge bumps the best Tuesday and Wednesday. I like steel big bumps as I'm forced to initiate turns.

I didn't have trouble remembering to breathe, but when I came to a stop, breathing combined with the warm weather made for quite the cotton-mouth.

Oh I'm quite familiar with cotton mouth cough cough.

I was asking because we might be looking for some guys this year. On the bright side at least you don't have to groom down there.

This chick I know told me all about her views on manscaping she'd love my bush. Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

The downward pressure of the ski combined with the friction of the bases creates a very very small layer or water on top of the snow that we actually ride on. Wax attempts to create the perfect amount of water under the ski, snow like last night sort of helps.

In snow like last night were it's very warm there is more water on top of the snow which increases glide to a point. If the pack is really warm and it's baking or at the bottom flat portion where water pools then you get base suck in which now there is too much water under the ski and water tension starts to become a factor really slowing the ski down.

Last couple nights are fast because there is a good amount of water around but not too much plus the snow underneath is very firm.

• Like 1