Anyone notice any effect of the new hotel?

JollyJake99

• 2 weeks later...

You drive up and you see a giant cement box with colored tubes jutting out of it. It kills whatever atmosphere the mountain had. 

Last time I was there in mid February the space between the bottom of the Glen double and Stevenson Express quad was packed with families walking to and from the mountain coaster. It wasn't safe. It's at the bottom of the run out between three chairlifts and you've got people in sneakers with kids in tow puttering over to the mountain coaster. 

Went to Barley Creek afterwards around 2:30 and there was an hour wait for a table. 

I used to tolerate Camelback. It was closest to where I lived in Jersey and it has decent terrain for a PA mountain. After this year I will not be going back. Got a Peak Pass and moving to JFBB. CBK had their chance to thoughtfully integrate the new resort into the mountain and absolutely blew it.  

Edited by Rowsdower

I bet it's major $$ to stay there. Then there's another new indoor water park practically around the corner on 380. I can't believe there's that much market for these places. And Great Wolf Lodge. Just the thought of being in that warm water with a ton of other people....yuck.