TR- 12/15/17 Evening session

enjoralas

Wasn't sure I was gonna make it up to the mountain tonight, but had to take the car out for a spin to reset the computer before dropping it off for inspection, so figured what the heck? Might as well drive to Blue and back.

Pops wasn't gonna come but right before I left texted me that he was game so I wasn't rolling solo tonight. Got to the upper lodge about 7 pm and booted up inside. Too cold for that outside nonsense. Took our damn time getting ready and hit the snow about 730.

Was a little harder that I'd have preferred, but not total ice. A few guns were blasting on Vista leaving some loose on top. Pops just lapped Easy Out to Vista all night, getting the legs back. A little to icy to try that fist run down Main St. I mostly stuck with him but broke off for a couple of Main St runs. Enjoyed them but run of the night for me was Vista to Midway to Lower Main St. Just had a nice ass run.

Finished the night with a run through Come Around after that Midway run just to say I hit every open trail tonight. I don't ski park but was a fun run skiing around the features. Hanging out at Last Run Lounge having a vodka cran right now, Pops joined the mug club.

Overall had a good first night at Blue. 3 or 4 real runs plus 7 Vista laps. Skied on the new skis and absolutely loved them.

Going to be a fun season.

• Like 3

I did use the new skis. Was real happy with them. Felt like I was getting it pretty good down Main St (although app said I only hit 42 mph) and never felt that chatter or on the edge of control like I did with the old pair. Looking forward to getting out on them again. Possibly a few runs tonight, most likely waiting until tomorrow morning.