Xmas Eve and both expresses down

eaf

35 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

When you went in for lunch did you lock up your RTMs or use ski check? 

This reminds me, how do you lock your skis up at Blue near the Challenge Express? I have two different types of ski locks and could not figure out what the hell you're supposed to do to lock your skis down there. Can't they install the regular SkiLock style for me so that it's easy? I had to leave my Elans outside unattended and unlocked when I went in to get a lift ticket, change my boots, and use the restroom.

Edited by saltyant

24 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Free ski check yo 

Btw, don't mess around by leaving your expendive skis when this free ski check isn't open.

I've seen one devastated fella at JF whose skis grew a pair of legs, and JF management couldn't really do anything besides calling him dumb for not using the ski check that was open at that time.

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Btw, don't mess around by leaving your expendive skis when this free ski check isn't open.

I've seen one devastated fella at JF whose skis grew a pair of legs, and JF management couldn't really do anything besides calling him dumb for not using the ski check that was open at that time.

Good point. Since I don't care about my $200 Elans anymore I've gotten lazy and just started leaving them sitting out. But with the RTMs I'll be much more cautious. I know mountain management won't do anything if they're stolen, except maybe file a police report.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

his reminds me, how do you lock your skis up at Blue near the Challenge Express?

I have a Ski Key and unless they've changed things around, you can use it at the racks across from the six-pack. If you have flat skis, you can use the snowboard racks by  hanging the skis between the bindings. That way too, you can rack two pair of skis, as long as they aren't system bindings. 

There's often a line at the ski check;  I wouldn't care but I already have the ski key, so it's quicker just to use it instead of the check a lot of the time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, eaf said:

I'll leave my skis unattended when I go to the bathroom..that's about it..in Jackson hole I mooch off atomics jeffs lock and lock my skis with his..on other ski trips I only use upper mountain lodges to eat.  Amazing how many people leave $600-$1000 skis unlocked when they go into a bar or restaurant for an hour or two 100 yards from the skier drop off...lots and lots of broke dirtbags in western ski towns..

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

King of Mountain - fastest time on a segment. One hill I attempted over 40 times and finally got the fastest time out of 300 universal attempts from like 30 people. So its a start. Pikes Peak annihilated me though.

Do you mainly road bike or also mountain bike?  That's impressive. I figured you were one of those skinny guys who can eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce based on your Chinese buffet reports.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Do you mainly road bike or also mountain bike?  That's impressive. I figured you were one of those skinny guys who can eat whatever they want and not gain an ounce based on your Chinese buffet reports.  

Road. I put on a lot of miles so even if i eat a lot i still seem to lose weight