01/18 - Mountain Creek

eaf

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Why not be a completist and hit Campgaw too. As exciting as Homestretch would be with its own fixed grip lift.

I did ski it once when I worked 10 minutes away.

How many other folks can say they have skied 4 places in NJ (5 if you count Highpoint XC)? Now bring on the Xanadu snow dome.

I was planning on spending my bday at Xanadu about 8 years ago.  I definitely wanna check out mountain creek since Eaf said it's better than blue mountain. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I was planning on spending my bday at Xanadu about 8 years ago.  I definitely wanna check out mountain creek since Eaf said it's better than blue mountain. 

Can you imagine how much fun that place could be with legal weed in NJ during a July heat wave?  Open a weed shop in that mall and make bank.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

Can you imagine how much fun that place could be with legal weed in NJ during a July heat wave?  Open a weed shop in that mall and make bank.

I don't see weed shops being in malls...anyway it won't be as fun as skiing Blue on a normal day...the run at Xanadu wasn't even gonna be as long or steep as vista. They need to build a legit indoor ski area like ski Dubai where there are multiple runs, a midstation and even a black diamond that's like a shorter Main Street. 

If they priced Xanadu on a reasonable per run basis it would be a nice summer diversion to take a few. Can't see spending more than about an hour there though.

Also could be nice as a place for kids to learn without getting cold and for a park.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

5 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

If they priced Xanadu on a reasonable per run basis it would be a nice summer diversion to take a few. Can't see spending more than about an hour there though.

Also could be nice as a place for kids to learn without getting cold and for a park.

I looked it up Ski Dubai is $74 for a lift ticket but there are discounts available. I don't see Xanadu being much below $40-$50 for two hours.  

Just now, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Dubai is one of the richest places on earth. Probably $20 for a felafel.

Wrong..it's not that expensive for food over there..it's affluent but the cost of living is not that high..I watch a lot of Dubai vlogs.  The cost of Falafel would actually be way more in a place like San Francisco. Same with the cost of rent. Also realize there's no income tax over there. 

On 1/22/2018 at 7:53 PM, momskeeztoo said:

I grew up not far from there. 9th grade ski trip was to "Bell Bump". I still go past there when I go to visit my mom. 

I hiked and rode down last winter after one of the storms we got. It was actually pretty fun. Met a guy there who was skinning up to get some turns.