Ikon Pass

toast21602

I have been there 4 times total. Weekdays it’s completely empty. Was there MLK last year and the lift lines were better then, let’s say, Winter Park on a normal Saturday. They do some 2 for 1 deals with Shell and I usually go to the TGR ski movie at Boulder Theater in the fall and that gets you a free ticket as well (used on weekdays). 

Just now, Barb said:

I have been there 4 times total. Weekdays it’s completely empty. Was there MLK last year and the lift lines were better then, let’s say, Winter Park on a normal Saturday. They do some 2 for 1 deals with Shell and I usually go to the TGR ski movie at Boulder Theater in the fall and that gets you a free ticket as well (used on weekdays). 

You haven't been there much this season because snow has been bad this year??  Have you been renting out your house much?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

The house has been renting very well. I always wait  till the last minute to reserve a few days for myself so I don’t give up income. Then it usually gets rented. It’s ok, House was over budget so nice to recoup some costs. With a vacation place you can only hope the rental income pays your expenses, everything else is gravy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh shit Revelstoke is on the Ikon pass as well. 

I overheard a conversation at CB about Deer Valley last Sunday... How it's always perfect snow there, no crowds because of limited number of tickets each day, no boarders... They were pretty much raving about it and looking forward to an upcoming trip. Is it really that good?

I overheard a conversation at CB about Deer Valley last Sunday... How it's always perfect snow there, no crowds because of limited number of tickets each day, no boarders... They were pretty much raving about it and looking forward to an upcoming trip. Is it really that good?

It’s good if you like nice groomers. Not many steeps there. A lot of lift traverse. But it’s really nice. I enjoy it there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 2/25/2018 at 11:00 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Revelstoke is on there as well..that's somewhere me and Atomic Jeff have talked about hitting up..Big Sky as well but since I spent two years skiing there regularly I sort of have a been there done that attitude with BS and it doesn't hold a candle to JH

I want to do Revelstoke and Kicking Horse.

I loved Bridger and Big Sky.   Guess I'll have to try JH to see what the hub-bub is all about. 

Just now, indiggio said:

I want to do Revelstoke and Kicking Horse.

I loved Bridger and Big Sky.   Guess I'll have to try JH to see what the hub-bub is all about. 

JH is better than big sky and bridger.  If I could go back in time I would have been a JH skibum.  You can come to JH with us sometime.  Just keep your shirt on. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

JH is better than big sky and bridger. You can come to JH with us sometime.  Just keep your shirt on. 

Better how?

A trip to JH is definitely in the cards.

Extra GNAR points for taking your clothes off!
People were cracking up when I turkey-tucked into the center of Big Sky, threw down my poles and yelled "I'm the best skier on the mountain!"
Needless to say, this was after having a few IPAs.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Better how?

A trip to JH is definitely in the cards.

Extra GNAR points for taking your clothes off!
People were cracking up when I turkey-tucked into the center of Big Sky, threw down my poles and yelled "I'm the best skier on the mountain!"
Needless to say, this was after having a few IPAs.

Jackson has 4,000 vert of sustained steeps..no flats...

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

While reading Indiggios Big Sky report, he stated that with his Max pass, he needs to get a one day lift ticket each day as opposed to getting a multi day lift ticket once.  I just emailed the Ikon pass contact link to see if it's the same thing.  That would be a deal breaker for me.  On a seven day Jackson hole trip, I'm not waiting in line for tickets 7 times...on Perder days that could cause me some serious aggravation as the ticket office doesn't open until 8am and often has a long line.  

I was a PITA.  Why they couldn't just give us a 5 day is beyond me. 
Luckily there were no lines at BS, but that's probably an anomaly.

Epic I saw all the Vail resorts, Breck, Keystone, Abasin, Whistler, limited days in Utah, Vermont. Plus Telluride joined for next year too. Quite a competition the ski resorts have going for next year. I need to have Eldora on my Pass since that’s where I go the most. 

59 minutes ago, Barb said:

Epic I saw all the Vail resorts, Breck, Keystone, Abasin, Whistler, limited days in Utah, Vermont. Plus Telluride joined for next year too. Quite a competition the ski resorts have going for next year. I need to have Eldora on my Pass since that’s where I go the most. 

You don't even ski 7 days a year at crested butte. 

I picked up Epic 4 day pass for $449.  Gets 4 unrestricted days total at any epic mountain.  Next year when I go to Ouray Ice Festival I will do another Telluride day and I am sure I can do 3 CB days so it will be worth it. 

• Like 1