2/9 - Still winter in Pocono

eaf

Decided to give the new Monsters 83 a try today morning. Didn't have high expectations for snow, since last Sunday it was such a downpour in NJ, and it rained on Wednesday too, but hey, what do ya know, it still feels like winter in Pocono with all the white stuff everywhere, not just on the trails. It even started to snow lightly around noon.

There was full blown racing event going on, but other than that I've never seen the place this empty.

Best runs for me today were Lazy and Main Street, though Lazy started getting occasional ice spots later during the day, and lower part of Main Street felt harder than the softer and better groomed upper one. Sidewinder was fast and frozen. Paradise was sweet an unpatrolled.

Very happy with the Monsters. Definitely built for speed and are encouraging to ski fast. So steady and supportive, they skip over occasional ice spots like they aren't there. I had my slaloms in the trunk for backup, but never wanted to get them.

• Like 1

Skied from 8:30 to about 10:30. Upper main was on point early, lower main, same old interesting surface. Nightmare was awesome, dreamweaver is just fucked. Mow that shit down. I went there knowing sort of what to expect, but the light was so flat i had to realy slow to check to see what stupid suprise was awaiting me next. Challange is to narrow for bumps. So pretty much echo what jeff said in last nights TR. looks like they blew on sidewinder last night a little so that was pretty firm with marbles. The snow was really nice right around the base of the 6. 

Oh, so those turns on Dreamweaver are new? I thought I just wasn't on BM for too long. Got there once, never tried again.

Btw, I had to straighten out some things with my ticket and while doing so asked about the price of next season pass. They just laughed and told me that they don't know it themselves. Damn.

Just now, eaf said:

Oh, so those turns on Dreamweaver are new? I thought I just wasn't on BM for too long. Got there once, never tried again.

Btw, I had to straighten out some things with my ticket and while doing so asked about the price of next season pass. They just laughed and told me that they don't know it themselves. Damn.

It's way too early for a price to be announced. 

7 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It's way too early for a price to be announced. 

Why not? They already have the sale announcement on the website, could've as well listed the price. But OK, let's see if CB does it sooner.

2 minutes ago, eaf said:

Why not? They already have the sale announcement on the website, could've as well listed the price. But OK, let's see if CB does it sooner.

They've never announced a price this early...I hope it's like $549 last years $449 was way too cheap. They left money on the table. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

They've never announced a price this early...I hope it's like $549 last years $449 was way too cheap. They left money on the table. 

I hope it stays low, or goes even lower, LOL. I don't do charity.

30 minutes ago, eaf said:

I hope it stays low, or goes even lower, LOL. I don't do charity.

I wanna see it high to see the people on blues FB page bitch about the price. Whether it's $449 or $499 or $549 is irrelevant to me. I'll be getting a blue pass regardless.  Will be a few more years of saving money before I can spend a whole winter in the Rockies. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty will still pay more for a blue pass so he can ski with you and Matt Edge.  

I don't know, $300 for an unlimited Camelback season pass would probably be too good of a bargain to pass up. Toast and JF Dan will probably start a petition.

Edited by saltyant

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's for the Value Pass which is good for any day except before 3 on weekends before March 1. That's what I had last year before they unveiled the new Hero Pass, so then I upgraded to that.

I already said it once, but it's worth repeating. I wish BM had exactly that kind of a pass! Would ideally suit my skiing. Unlimited March skiing, plus anytime unlimited weekdays and weekend nights. Perfect.

49 minutes ago, eaf said:

I already said it once, but it's worth repeating. I wish BM had exactly that kind of a pass! Would ideally suit my skiing. Unlimited March skiing, plus anytime unlimited weekdays and weekend nights. Perfect.

You wait until night time to ski on the weekends?  Gotta get that fresh cord.