2/6/21..sunny..nice snow..busy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mOuntain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at like 7:15am and it was in the low 20s with the sun rising. In the house were Toast, JFDan, BenM, Mute, Ryan, Boo Bear, justo, Rose, Indiggio, Slim, Enjorales cousin, Faldo, Eddie, Charles, Rodney , Gahskier George,  MBike mike, Antman, Nastar Glenn and many others. 

First civilian six pack and challenge was super good soft packed perder..if some dust blowing up..liftlines were a few minutes from the start..I skied challenge again then Main Street which was super good..Paradise was nice and a lot of people were enjoying coming soon which has some amazing natural snow cover.  Switchback was also very nice not quite as good as Main Street. Tuts lane to connector to lower widowmaker to midway to little gap to lower Burma to shuttle to lower park also good.  That’s essentially the Haute root. 

Parking lot was fun with some beers and snacks..I hit up White Castle on the way home....sickbird.  Ski everybody tomorrow could be some fresh Perder for opening. JADIP

The ski conditions had me pitching a tent as were some in the lot. 

501BA493-90BA-48D7-835B-EF75CB252212.jpeg

F2802366-2615-4F3E-8977-82154239AD3F.jpeg

• Like 4

Since a few of the bumpers didn't get to ski the perder or Coming Soon this past week, we made a beeline to the quad hoping to take it right up at open and see if Coming Soon was still open and if it was, see what it was like.   Unfortunately the quad attendants gave us the boot, as they said the quad was having some issues that needed investigation.

First run down Challenge with the real snow mixed in was glorious and by the time we got back down, the quad was loading.

Up the quad and down Coming Soon for the first time.   Top was sun-baked refreeze and had to be careful as the snow would grab and edge and send you.

Down to the headwall to find the entirety of which was one giant glorious mogul field.   Surprisingly the snow was still very good, not like the man-made stuff we're used to. 
Also, since the bumps  were naturally formed, they had nice spacing and you could get into a rhythm skiing them.
Pretty much lapped Coming Soon all morning until the quad like became far too long a wait.

Also, we took a few adventures into the woods off skier's left of CS.  If Blue wanted, they could make that entire area a giant glade that would be a ton of fun.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Since a few of the bumpers didn't get to ski the perder or Coming Soon this past week, we made a beeline to the quad hoping to take it right up at open and see if Coming Soon was still open and if it was, see what it was like.   Unfortunately the quad attendants gave us the boot, as they said the quad was having some issues that needed investigation.
First run down Challenge with the real snow mixed in was glorious and by the time we got back down, the quad was loading.
Up the quad and down Coming Soon for the first time.   Top was sun-baked refreeze and had to be careful as the snow would grab and edge and send you.
Down to the headwall to find the entirety of which was one giant glorious mogul field.   Surprisingly the snow was still very good, not like the man-made stuff we're used to. 
Also, since the bumps  were naturally formed, they had nice spacing and you could get into a rhythm skiing them.
Pretty much lapped Coming Soon all morning until the quad like became far too long a wait.
Also, we took a few adventures into the woods off skier's left of CS.  If Blue wanted, they could make that entire area a giant glade that would be a ton of fun.

So you’re the one who kicked up all the rocks between the bumps. And yeah, woods... I think a lot of that might be in play right now. Might test it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Justo8484 said:

So you’re the one who kicked up all the rocks between the bumps. And yeah, woods... I think a lot of that might be in play right now. Might test it tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh yeah, many of the troughs had rocks coming through.  Hopefully tomorrow’s little dusting will help fill them in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, indiggio said:

You don’t happen to know a younger guy named Adam who’s been skiing moguls a whole bunch lately do you? 

1 minute ago, Kyle said:

I’ve known Adam for a longgg time. Good guy. Saw him at blue two weeks ago and he was super pumped to be learning to ski moguls correctly. 

Yeah he’s a hoot.  Been skiing w/ him last couple of seasons now.  Guess he had been big into park up at Boulder, but moved onto Blue and wanted to learn to ski bumps better.  Didn’t take him long!  He’s a great all-round skier.

9 minutes ago, indiggio said:

Yeah he’s a hoot.  Been skiing w/ him last couple of seasons now.  Guess he had been big into park up at Boulder, but moved onto Blue and wanted to learn to ski bumps better.  Didn’t take him long!  He’s a great all-round skier.

Yup. He basically told me Boulder forced all of the park guys out. He still skis some park, but recently got into the mogul stuff and has been hitting that hard. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kyle said:

Yup. He basically told me Boulder forced all of the park guys out. He still skis some park, but recently got into the mogul stuff and has been hitting that hard. 

Pretty much what he told me about Boulder.  Just goes to show you that acquisitions are all they're cracked up to be. 
BB had a thriving park scene that in essence got thrown out the window.

• Sad 1