Jump to content

3/8/21...manic Monday...another bluebird.


Recommended Posts

Hey All,

 

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 8:20am and it was in the low 20s under sunny sky’s. In the house were ZZSlope, Gary, Drew, C1er and Johnny Law.  At the opening bell there was quite the lineup of people ready to shred.  I was on first civilian chair with the darth Vader full face silver helmet guy.  Challenge was super nice groomed cord..Razors was the same conditions on the top and fresh manmade lower down which was slow.  

 

Sidewinder was supee nice and yes a few mini root rollers, switchback was also real good one run on it had to be 20 other people on it..was manic AF.  I skied sidewinder and challenge the most and got the most air in a few seasons off the falls..the one spot on the left is like a diving board..I easily cleared half the falls..liftlines were in the 1-3 minute range on the six pack and I skied 11 runs from 9-1040am..was better conditions than expected and so sunny.  JADIP

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow on side, switch and particularly challenge was super super good. Hard and stupid fast but smooth and excellent grip. 

Razors they blew on and was a glue factory. Main I didn't even dick with as it was all freshly blown frozen marbles.

I'm always glad to go but super glad I got up this morning, some of the best hard snow challenge runs all season.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Was on the chair behind GSS and did Sidewinder first tracks.

Spent most of my time on razors. Liked the contrast of smooth on top and light chopped up fluff on the bottom. Staying right could avoid the fluff. Took my first tumble of the year when I got distracted and caught an edge in the middle of the fluff.

Consoled myself by some really nice runs down Challenge.

Lines were ridiculous for a weekday, although the quad wrangler was letting 3 season pass pairs thru for one of the other lines, so it wasn’t too bad. Left about 12:30, and things were a little soft (except Challenge) but not slushy.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Was on the chair behind GSS and did Sidewinder first tracks.

Spent most of my time on razors. Liked the contrast of smooth on top and light chopped up fluff on the bottom. Staying right could avoid the fluff. Took my first tumble of the year when I got distracted and caught an edge in the middle of the fluff.

Consoled myself by some really nice runs down Challenge.

Lines were ridiculous for a weekday, although the quad wrangler was letting 3 season pass pairs thru for one of the other lines, so it wasn’t too bad. Left about 12:30, and things were a little soft (except Challenge) but not slushy.

Lines were busy fast too, like 915 it was a small wait. 

Your a daredevil for spending so much time on razors, on edge the snow was one speed and way slower when flat. Though I'm sure my skis could use a wax I felt like a truck using the runaway truck ramp coming from the first headwall into the flatter middle section. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Lines were busy fast too, like 915 it was a small wait. 

Your a daredevil for spending so much time on razors, on edge the snow was one speed and way slower when flat. Though I'm sure my skis could use a wax I felt like a truck using the runaway truck ramp coming from the first headwall into the flatter middle section. 

I hate fresh blown snow in rising springtime temperatures but I think C1er likes a little more cushion for the pushing. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I skidded off some speed before I hit the soft stuff once I knew where it was, tried to keep my knees glued together too. First time down got the heart racing a little. Glad I was on the soft stuff when I did my face plant.
Just came up from the basement getting the skis razor sharp if Challenge is the same tomorrow that it was today.

Although we are supposed to have a low of 32 tonight, as opposed to 18 last night, so who knows what conditions will be.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Yeah, I skidded off some speed before I hit the soft stuff once I knew where it was, tried to keep my knees glued together too. First time down got the heart racing a little. Glad I was on the soft stuff when I did my face plant.
Just came up from the basement getting the skis razor sharp if Challenge is the same tomorrow that it was today.

Although we are supposed to have a low of 32 tonight, as opposed to 18 last night, so who knows what conditions will be.

I think it’s still going to be super fast snow tomorrow initially but will corn up faster. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I went inside to use the bathroom today and must have been 15-20 boomers crowded together on the benches outside of the bathroom. Shit is hilarious even during a pandemic that generation loves being in close contact with each other.  

Maybe they are all vaccinated. 🤷🏻‍♀️

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Maybe they are all vaccinated. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Less than 10% are fully vaccinated most just don’t give a fuck about Covid anymore..I really don’t it’s called Covid fatigue.  I just think it’s weird how much pushback there was from the centrum silver crowd about booting up at their car. 

 

@NMSKI

64160AC2-64EB-40AA-B4B0-2F1EB492EAA3.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Less than 10% are fully vaccinated most just don’t give a fuck about Covid anymore..I really don’t it’s called Covid fatigue.  I just think it’s weird how much pushback there was from the centrum silver crowd about booting up at their car. 

 

@NMSKI

64160AC2-64EB-40AA-B4B0-2F1EB492EAA3.jpeg

Believe me, a lot of people don’t care about COVID anymore, not just Boomers. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Snow on side, switch and particularly challenge was super super good. Hard and stupid fast but smooth and excellent grip. 

Razors they blew on and was a glue factory. Main I didn't even dick with as it was all freshly blown frozen marbles.

I'm always glad to go but super glad I got up this morning, some of the best hard snow challenge runs all season.

Agree, Challenge was really nice. Lazy was a lot of fun as well. The initial stickiness on razors improved as more people skied on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...