12/5...day three...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun morning at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the upper lot at 715am and it was in the mid 30s under partly cloudy sky’s with light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, TP4, SaltyAnt, Mixilplix, Matt Edge, Zach, Bethlehem Ford Guy, Rick, Indiggio, Slim, Tarpenhead, Jim Daily, Ryan, Mute, JFDan, BenM, Charles and many more.    

Conditions at opening bell were pleasent..smooth vista, condensed sugar in midway and lower Main was boilerplate but smooth which is better than the mini root rollers of yesterday. Crowds were light..almost like a country club..got a little oil drop on the Main Street lift...minimal overnight snowmaking as well.  

Vista was nice cruising but lots of trail whores..midway was low Vis sugar piles..not the best not the wurst.  Parking lot was nice comfortable weather for the third day in a row...peaced out before noon...I’ll be monitoring the potential weather event this Wednesday could be a rider of the storm situation or a disappointment..see what happens. 

Anyway as everybodh agrees this is bonus skiing and hats off to Blue for being open for the die hards!!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I can’t believe I rode the same trail for 3.5 hours yesterday.  Had fun and lost track of time.  I thought it was like 10am til I saw a clock that said 11:20am.  Had to haul ass home for the Eagles game, walked in the door at 12:59

I know that feeling, one time I skied the same trail 51 times in a row for 7 hours, 45 minutes and 11 seconds and it was grate. 

Edited by saltyant

53 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

I can’t believe I rode the same trail for 3.5 hours yesterday.  Had fun and lost track of time.  I thought it was like 10am til I saw a clock that said 11:20am.  Had to haul ass home for the Eagles game, walked in the door at 12:59

Wow the Eagles beat ba ba ba @Benm and the Jets...

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

50 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I know that feeling, one time I skied the same trail 51 times in a row for 7 hours, 45 minutes and 11 seconds and it was grate. 

I remember that..that used to be how all my ski days were in my younger days...now I’m just bored or pissed off with conditions and crowds after an hour at least early season. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1