NY/VT/NH skifari

PSUFrankenstein

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report but I don’t understand why you drove from lake placid to Brattleboro and then back to Bolton valley.  You truly are a road warrior. 

Yeah so my original plan was Magic Saturday, either Magic or Waterville valley Sunday and cannon Monday.  After magic got ice instead of snow, my plans changed and Waterville looks like pretty much all groomers so I hit Bolton Valley instead.   Whiteface and Bolton were both awesome so no complaints.  Drove by cannon tonight and that looks great too.  At least drive to Cannon tomorrow is like 10 minutes.  The drive from Whiteface to Brattleboro sucked though

• Like 1

Cannon...seems pretty cool but its pretty slick and windblown as of right now, visibility not great.  Lower stuff isn't too bad, bumps are soft. Heading over to the mittersill side in a bit.  Supposed to be some fun glades that I'm hoping will have good snow 

20220207_095025.jpg

20220207_091659.jpg

20220207_092158.jpg

20220207_092540.jpg

Edited by PSUFly
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

Sick road trip and skiing road trips are my favorite.

Mittersill is super cool and Cannon is straight up old school EC skiing. Love the pictures, you can smell the pines and it looks like you nailed the timing. 

Yeah great trip, I think around 1300 miles total.  The drive wasn't bad except driving through CT at rush hour tonight.  

Also, picked up a few beers :)

I'll share of course 

20220207_220055.jpg

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Avoid western Ct at all costs. Next time go up the thruway and cut over at Albany

Epic powder trip. Well done
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - yeah I think I would've been better off hitting Treehouse brewing's western MA location as that would've likely given me a better route home

Great trip, got another planned first weekend in March...planning on doing Jay Peak, probably Bolton again, and maybe one other mountain 

1 hour ago, tarponhead said:

Avoid western Ct at all costs. Next time go up the thruway and cut over at Albany

Epic powder trip. Well done
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can use CT at like 3am but otherwise my experience was similar to yours.  

Sick trip and sometimes the thruway is shit too particularly if it's snowing near albany

• Like 1