12/27…warmer..empty..pretty nice conditions.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I’m back from another morning session at Blue mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 7:16am and it was in the low to mid 20s under mostly cloudy sky’s with light winds.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, JFDan, Dirtwolf, Indiggio and BenM. Second civilian quad to coming soon which was ok..not that smooth.  Lower Paradise was vastly improved from yesterday.  I thought upper Paradise was real good and lazy Mile was variable some slick some ok and the Falls was good. 

Curzis Raceway dead husband was open which made access to midway to lower Main Street slightly faster.  Midway was pretty nice and left side of lower main wasn’t bad.  There were way more crowds yesterday than today, I think alot of people have work today the first hour I managed 7 runs and no Crowds on the runs and the next few runs had some crowds on the trails but manageable and no liftlines.  It was actually less crowded than some weekday mornings due to the 8am start.  

After skiing hungout in the lot a little bit, had one beer and now heading into work.  JADIP.  Ski some of you tomorrow. 

477E5C8E-61FD-4E41-A17D-1B03ABB97808.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I didn’t mention snowmaking and trail expansion. The snowmaking cannons were blasting on the east side of tubing, nightmare to dreamweaver, razors, upper Main Street and come around..Upper main could open tomorrow.  I heard the new lift might open Friday.  I don’t know which Friday.  The rest of this cold spell I’m hoping they are least get started in switchback and challenge.  It’s weird razors opening before challenge.  If razors is closed for racing and challenge isn’t open yet, that’s no good.  #SkierProblems 

Some years they’re barely even open now.  New Years morning is always foggy I can tell you that and looks to be again this year.  One year it was so foggy I put my right foot into my left boot…I thought I was being punked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I heard the new lift might open Friday.  I don’t know which Friday.  

The guy that parked next to me said Friday January 13th.  

Anyways, pretty damn good morning if you ask me.  Conditions were better than yesterday.  Could conditions be better tomorrow than today?  They wont have to groom Cuz's widowmaker raceway, thats for sure.  that shit was firm.  

The people that like to stop, stand around in the worst spot, or make a left from the right hand turn lane, are out in force on the slopes.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We couldn't understand the reason behind burying upper Razor's under a glacier akin to Superstar??
Are they shooting to stay open into May?  Doubtful.  

They could have been using those resources to work on another trail like Switchback.

True, sometimes Blues logic seems.....off, but snowmaking comes to a brisk halt here sometime this morning for what looks to be a while.  So, maybe just running on whats about to open, to build it up makes some sense.  Hopefully there is enough down on NMDW to get that open.  i think upper main should be good to go, and it looked like come around had some decent snow on it as well.  

but yeah, those mountains on Razors are crazy.  

• Like 1