The Grate Redemption at Camelback 1/13/24

saltyant

IMG_20240113_091131187.thumb.jpg.a6f2332dff788c2a726034687c62bd5c.jpgHiking up to an empty Nile Mile in the deep deep back country of Camelback was the best idea I had today. It was so empty there were some deer running around the trail. Epic and magical!

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

I love it!!!  I have an old TR on here of one day in April I also hiked up to the Nile Mile when the Stevenson was closed to poach it for one last run over a decade ago I believe.  Just gor back from a great evening at Blue The True.  Spring condtions and super lighr crowds except the million BMR kids.

• Boner City 1

1 hour ago, DiMe said:

I love it!!!  I have an old TR on here of one day in April I also hiked up to the Nile Mile when the Stevenson was closed to poach it for one last run over a decade ago I believe.  Just gor back from a great evening at Blue The True.  Spring condtions and super lighr crowds except the million BMR kids.

I took Big Bear Sullivan lift and skied down a bit to the intersection that leads up to Nile Mile, then started hiking up. Halfway up I heard a snowmobile coming, thinking it's all over. He just smiled and waved. It was grate!!

Edited by saltyant

In the empty solitude of the back country of Tannersville PA. What a nice change from crowded ass trails last weekend to having the best slope in PA completely to myself for one run 

IMG_20240113_091357834_HDR.thumb.jpg.562530684734b1cce72fee36654a3c30.jpg

IMG_20240113_091127630_HDR.thumb.jpg.ec42cd46d0243ea8207172c65d3f6ddf.jpg

IMG_20240113_091123854.thumb.jpg.c1c52c8fc8e71b72a55aab57ffb7f7f7.jpg

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

@DiMe Camelback's race team practiced on the side of the beginner slope today and not on the grate runs like the Asp or Hump. Unlike BMR who get the best run of the mountain almost every weekend.

BMR was on main like flys on shit this morning.  At least they kept it open to the public though and I'm fine with sharing, it's caring.

Edited by DiMe
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DiMe said:

BMR was on main like flys on shit this morning.  At least they kept it open to the public though and I'm fine with sharing, it's caring.

I guess enough people complained about them taking Coming Soon last weekend that they moved them to Main Street. 

I love Windowmaker to Chute and typically the race team gets only half of Widowmaker so I can still go down on the left side. I don't complain about that 

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, DiMe said:

Wow evening came early for you.  

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Stevenson lift was running again when I left around 11. Their stupid lifts are sooo annoying this season. I hope they get them working consistently from now on.

What about the Sullivan lift?  That’s where the steeps are. Maybe the Stevenson was closed due to winds.  I don’t understand what Sullivan and Stevenson have to do with Egypt. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What about the Sullivan lift?  That’s where the steeps are. Maybe the Stevenson was closed due to winds.  I don’t understand what Sullivan and Stevenson have to do with Egypt. 

Sullivan lift worked grate today unlike last weekend when it was too cold for it from the snow flakes. Wind wasn't a factor. Maybe they forgot how to push the ON button 💁

I think the lifts are named for that time when Ed Sullivan and his son Steven explored Egypt on camelback in 4000 BC

Edited by saltyant

When this thread started on this grate day I rated it 4 out of 5 stars because Stevenson lift was sleeping for one hour late. 😴 Then I hiked up to Nile Mile which was so dang radical so that earned 1 additional star. Now this thread is average at only 3 stars. What gives?? It should be at least 6 stars for being first civilian down Nile Mile for the season after a strenuous hike in ski boots and carrying skis and polls.

Edited by saltyant

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

When this thread started on this grate day I rated it 4 out of 5 stars because Stevenson lift was sleeping for one hour late. 😴 Then I hiked up to Nile Mile which was so dang radical so that earned 1 additional star. Now this thread is average at only 3 stars. What gives?? It should be at least 6 stars for being first civilian down Nile Mile for the season after a strenuous hike in ski boots and carrying skis and polls.

What’s the average now?

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow just wow isn’t that a game and a pizzeria place… @saltyant are you gonna play skiing tomorrow or mlk day at Blue??

I'm thinking MLK day at Blue the True.  Compared to tomorrow, Monday = no race team, better perder conditions, maybe sunny skies, no wind, maybe more trails open??

A while back I skied MLK day and it was rad. Lapped Razors all day long and not a BMR in sight.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm thinking MLK day at Blue the True.  Compared to tomorrow, Monday = no race team, better perder conditions, maybe sunny skies, no wind, maybe more trails open??

A while back I skied MLK day and it was rad. Lapped Razors all day long and not a BMR in sight.

@saltyant I have to agree with you that MLK day will be a nice day to play skiing. When Razors is finally open that’s when it’s really worth it to ski during the week except that sometimes razors is still closed for races and they do night training sometimes.  

• Thanks 1